Upgrades for Trek Ex-Caliber 8 2015

skooter
skooter Posts: 264
edited January 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I am looking to buy front and rear derailer for the Ex-Caliber 8 2015.

SLX M675 Shadow + rear and a XT M786 conventional front would you know if these will fit, I think they are the right ones but not sure.
Also what BB would fit a SLX M675 28/40 chainset to the bike do you know?
I've looked and the best bit of onfo I can get is its a 77/83 mm fit.
PS Its a Sram X 5 front and a Sram X7 rear at the moment if that helps.

Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• codfather
    codfather Posts: 359
    If you want an SLX rear derailleur, you'll need a Shimano rear shifter, as Sram and Shimano use different actuation ratios and are not compatible at the back, whereas they are at the front. You'll need a top, or dual pull front mech.
    The BB shell will be 67/73mm, 83 is reserved mostly for DH. Whether it's threaded or press fit, I do not know. Shimano cranksets usually come with the BB in the box. If not any Hollowtech II that's the correct width will do.
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • skooter
    Glad you told be about the rear shifter, I need to get one of those then.. Cheers
  • skooter
    Morning Codfather..

Just thought.

Evans are fitting a new BB and chain set to my Superfly on Friday and I'm having the Sram X7 front mech changed to a Shimano front mech so as the EX Caliber 8 is an X5 would I be right in thinking that what ever they fit to replace the X7 would be the same to replace the X5.. if so I could buy what they fit to the Superfly?

PS. Would I need I spec or bar mount shifters.

Cheers.