New endurance bike

Gerbil00001
Gerbil00001 Posts: 2
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I currently ride a Felt Z75 disc and have permission from my better half to get another bike. The felt is an excellent bike, especially for commuting to work or when the weather is bad (I do live on the isle of man) but I'm now looking at something better for climbing. So far my short list is the following.
    wilier gtr team Athena from lbs Felt z3 from wiggle Orbea avant carbon with ultegra from lbs Canyon endurance cf 9.0 from canyon ( 3 month lead!)

I'm doing my own head in looking, Does anyone have any experience of the above, please?

Ta

Comments

• JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Cannondale Synapse, they get rave reviews!

Designed for comfort but is also a rapid bike.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I don't know any of the bikes you listed but when I was looking recently I selected from the following list (in no particular order)

Trek Domane 4,5 Disc
    Cannondale Synapse Disc
    GT Grade Carbon Ultegra
    Jamis Renegade Elite
  • yertez
    yertez Posts: 80
    I bought a Canyon Ultimate CF 9.0 SL , delivery about May 2015. I took the 32-11 rear mech option as it reduced lead time to about 5 weeks.
    Plus with a trip to Mt Ventoux looming, it turned out to be v sensible. 52/36 - 32/11 so spent a good 6 hours or so (for the Club Cingles) on the big wheel.
    At 7.2Kg (not incl pedals) it's v light. And the ride quality is smooth as silk.
    I love riding it.
    Also have an ALuminium B'Twin Triban 5 (white - 2013) with Mavic Aksiums. It feels agricultural compared to the Canyon - though is still a nice bike to be fair (esp for the money). Kept for wet riding.