Giro Air Attack Shield 2015

extrusion
extrusion Posts: 247
edited January 2016 in Road general
Anybody else got one of these? I'm on my second after returning the first having never worn it on the bike because the visor didn't seem to sit properly, only 2 magnets will sit properly in the recesses whilst the third pops out a bit, this means it rattles if you bounce your head and is fairly easy to knock off.

Got the replacement and its exactly the same! Am I doing it wrong or does this explain why they are offering such a good price??

Shop is Sigma Sport by the way who have been very helpful so far ...

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I have one. I have mainly used it without the shield, but have used the shield a couple of times for time trials nad not had any problems. The hearest it has come to falling off is when I have forgotten it is thers and gone to wipe my nose and nearly knocked it off!
  • extrusion
    Thanks for the reply.

It might just be the shield so I'm in two minds as to whether not send it back and get another shield but could end up with the same problem! Or add stronger magnets ....
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    You can buy strong rare earth magnets cheaply on Ebay. Handy for everything,

Failing that - a bit of insulatiomn tape along the top of the visor should keep it secure ?
  • extrusion
    You can buy strong rare earth magnets cheaply on Ebay. Handy for everything,

Failing that - a bit of insulatiomn tape along the top of the visor should keep it secure ?

I've decided to keep the helmet as it's such a good fit and I've ordered some neodymium magnets from ebay. Thanks.