PowerTap G3 hub switching Campag to Shimano

munkster
munkster Posts: 819
edited January 2016 in Workshop
Recently bought a G3 hubbed rear wheel that had been switched to Campag by the original builder but I'm on Shimano and was just wondering if I've done the right thing - I bought a Novatec B2 freehub from Malcolm and basically pulled off the DS end cap and Campag freehub, slid the Shimano one back on, plus the end cap. The axle isn't threaded so I was unable to use the endcaps that came with the freehub.

Is this all i needed to do?

I only ask because I thought there was normally a washer that you switch from one side to the other when switching from Campag to/from Shimano? There was no washer on the DS that's all, plus
I can't seem to get the NDS end cap off (haven't pulled too hard, didn't want to damage it) anyway.

Are there any washers at all?

Also wondering whether I need a different sleeve on the axle behind the freehub as per this exploded view (which actually shows no washers actually)? https://www.powertap.com/Uploads/PDF/PowerTap-Manuals/powertap-drawing-g3-hub.pdf

I found that when I put the Shimano freehub on the wheel was a bit off centre too - should I be re-dishing the wheel or is there a washer-based solution?

Hope someone has some idea about this.