Soaking Saturday

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited January 2016 in The Crudcatcher
'sup bumders

I moved back to Wales last night for the forseable. It's not stopped raining since I arrived. Sadly no mountain bike with me at the moment but hopefully I'll bring it over in a week or two, means I'll be riding silly lycra bikes this morning though, then off to meet up with a smoking hot PhD student I've been seeing recently. Not a bad day really.

TTFN

Comments

• Morning Losers!

Awesome news about moving to Wales there, Angry Bird! Got to admit, the hills and valleys are rather appealing (I don't think there's much work for folk like me around there though). Oh, and you know the rules, POIDH!

Today, I'm up to get the exhaust fitted to the motorbike. Once I've had my breakfast and the sun has risen properly (or it gets lighter), I'll get out there. This afternoon I'm off to watch the Mighty Shakers take on Bradford in the FA Cup. A win would be awesome, but I'm being sceptical.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Today should be bikes as I have had wiggle parcels arrive this week that means the new full sus is ready to play - but house move stuff is apparently more important

Later is the theatre with the kids - so no pub :(
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    'sup bumders

I moved back to Wales last night for the forseable. It's not stopped raining since I arrived. TTFN

Thought I had to this morning been hammering down here since about 5AM. today I mainly will be doing sweet fa. judging by the photos on my local trails facebook not many people will be out either.

12522959_10205557911486757_4776902540794946598_n_zpsvq3ajwwk.jpg
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Sitting in a hospital waiting room whilst daughter has an MRI. Managed to get in at short notice on a cancellation. Didn't quite have to kick off but did have to do a lot of chasing and asking nicely with a hint of desperation.
    At a school awards thing for the boy last night, took ages. But managed a few free beers and got to play with an Enigma machine. Those things are cool.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Dry as a bone here, in fact it's now high 20's......and I'm stuck in the frickin office.....oh well finish in 90 minutes and then off to a free bar!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Today, I'm up to get the exhaust fitted to the motorbike. Once I've had my breakfast and the sun has risen properly (or it gets lighter), I'll get out there.
    Well that was (not) fun.

Got the thing off eventually, having snapped a bolt (that thing is practically welded on!) Not sure how I'm going to get that out now or what I'm going to do about it. To be honest, I'm contemplating selling the damn thing now as I'm so fed up of it.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Was dry here today for a wee change, but cold wasn`t the word ! baltic.

Went for a ride to run the lurchers and spent the whole route smashing ice with the front wheel. Was painful but enjoyable. Took an age for my fingers to defrost though.

Getting to like this mountain bike malarky
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    It's been grim down here today. Went for a walk with the hound and the park was like a frikking swamp. Luckily I've been busy most of the day and out at my cousins birthday party tonight. Came home early though as I'm knackered and driving so couldn't drink anyway :|
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Sitting in a hospital waiting room whilst daughter has an MRI. Managed to get in at short notice on a cancellation. Didn't quite have to kick off but did have to do a lot of chasing and asking nicely with a hint of desperation.
    At a school awards thing for the boy last night, took ages. But managed a few free beers and got to play with an Enigma machine. Those things are cool.
    They're noisy them things, not had one myself but my son has had a couple of scans. Hope all is well.

Morning,
    Soggy up here and wife has decided she's poorly so looks like today we'll be spent sitting round the house. Going to get out for a run later to try out my new trainers. Crc haven't sent be my bike parts do no fettling with the bikes today.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava