Giant Tcr or Cannondale Supersix evo

chrisc1981
chrisc1981 Posts: 45
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi

I am after some advice as to which bike I should go for. I will be buying online so sizing isn't something I have the luxury of. I will be comparing my current bikes geometry to the size guide. Have upto £1200 to spend or go secondhand for an evo. Never had a new bike though so am swaying to the new route.
I am planning on a little bit of racing and I have the Dartmoor classic this year grande.
Any help is much appreciated

Comments

• germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Supersix Evo's can be had new from £999 with Shimano 105. Just bought one from Pauls Cycles.
  • Yeah they are both around 1k new at the models I am looking at. Tredz have some bargains.
  • Some of the £1k 105 ss have tetra brakes .
    The ones at 1050 usually have 105 brakes .
    Just something to Check if it bothers you .;-)
  • What's your current bike as a comparison? SSE is longer and more stretched than a TCR.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    Giant TCR can be pretty long in the top tube. I was amazed by the fact that a guy I know found a Large TCR "a bit of a stretch" despite standing 6'5" tall.

06_geom_tcr_comp.jpg

EVO%20GEO_zpsuzua0gfp.png

The Dale gives you 8 size options to Giant's 6, meaning more chances at a perfect fit.
  • You may want to try them before buying.- They ride quite different.
    I know some people like TCR set up but others just had hard time to fit it .