BMC timemachine TM02

Sb4rly
Sb4rly Posts: 122
edited January 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone own a BMC TM02 and can comment on sizing?
I used to own a 51cm cervelo p2 which I think was a good fit. I'm now looking at a TM02 and wondering how the sizes compare? I have looked at geometry charts and both look similar however I wondered what size time machines others ride. I'm 5'8 and considering a TM02 in small or medium.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• jrich
    jrich Posts: 278
    Just be aware that the S, M/L and the L BMC are all built around the sameish geo whereas the M/S is quite different - it's short and tall - so will fit a completely different body shape.

The p2 geo has changed over the years so I wasn't sure which geo to compare against, I had a look at the old geo on the cervelo site and a 51cm p2 seems not too far of the Small BMC. The M/L would certainly be much too big and like I said the M/S is a completely different fit to the p2 so it won't be suitable.

I'd try a S and see how you like it. You can order them into your local Evans with a £50 refundable deposit.

They're great bikes tho, fantastic ride, pretty light and very good value considering the frame is the same as the TM01.
  • Sb4rly
    Just be aware that the S, M/L and the L BMC are all built around the sameish geo whereas the M/S is quite different - it's short and tall - so will fit a completely different body shape.

The p2 geo has changed over the years so I wasn't sure which geo to compare against, I had a look at the old geo on the cervelo site and a 51cm p2 seems not too far of the Small BMC. The M/L would certainly be much too big and like I said the M/S is a completely different fit to the p2 so it won't be suitable.

I'd try a S and see how you like it. You can order them into your local Evans with a £50 refundable deposit.

They're great bikes tho, fantastic ride, pretty light and very good value considering the frame is the same as the TM01.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking at second hand and have seen a small and a medium. I did wonder about the m/s size, looked odd. My p2 was the older 2013 model. I also ride a small Scott foil so thought the small BMC might be the one to go for.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Why not get another P2? Probably be faster...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Sb4rly
    Why not get another P2? Probably be faster...

Budget.
  • Grill
    What's your budget? Looking for a complete build or just frameset?
  • Sb4rly
    What's your budget? Looking for a complete build or just frameset?
    Max budget is Somewhere around £1500, I have some 50mm clinchers on my foil I could swap over but looking for a full bike hence looking at second hand. Will be used for triathlon and I'm also hoping to do a few local 10's and 25's this year.
    I must admit though I have just been looking at the 2015 p2 for £2000
    Thanks
  • Grill
  • Sb4rly

Thanks for the comments, after a bit of juggling and selling a few bits and bobs I have just ordered a new 2016 P2. Hoping to pick her up after next weekend.
    :D