Firsty Friday

BelgianBeerGeek
BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Well, hasn't the week flown by? Soon be Christmas at this rate.
Must go, lots to do. Laters.
Ecrasez l’infame

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Just about a third of the month already gone.
    Am looking eagerly at last nights purchase of Wadworth 6X. Roll on to this evening.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Am looking eagerly at last nights purchase of Wadworth 6X. Roll on to this evening.
    :shock: If I'd bought any beer last night it wouldn't have survived unopened.
    Feels like it's been a long week in terms of how knackered I feel, but on the other hand it's flown by. Fresher ride in this morning. Frost on the cars and lots of ice in the park, actually felt like winter. Stopped at my mates coffee place to wake myself up on the way in, that helped.
    Lots of work to do this morning. Need to get through it all in time to get to the cafe. Must have black pud as it's the new wonder food. Well, it is for this week at any rate. More tea has just been delivered, might change out of my cycling gear once I've drunk it.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Morning Beer drinkers and hell raisers

Just waiting for the drizzle to stop and then it's pedalling time. 2 deg, damp, chilly... on the plus side, it's not blowing a hoolie.
    More coffee...

Afters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Just spent the last 50 minutes on the phone to a lawyer such fun. New bike better arrive tomorrow (it isn't due but still)

Out for dinner tonight, all welcome except Stevo. Not being seen with a nearly 50 y/o hush puppy wearing man.

Taking the Date to a mates gig tomorrow. I dislike my mates music with it being angry rock stuff however I sold it as soft rock to her. That lie may cost me.

To a brew (cba walking to campus Starbucks) and beyond. Have a good day peeps
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    :shock: If I'd bought any beer last night it wouldn't have survived unopened.
    Feels like it's been a long week in terms of how knackered I feel, but on the other hand it's flown by. Fresher ride in this morning. Frost on the cars and lots of ice in the park, actually felt like winter. Stopped at my mates coffee place to wake myself up on the way in, that helped.
    Lots of work to do this morning. Need to get through it all in time to get to the cafe. Must have black pud as it's the new wonder food. Well, it is for this week at any rate. More tea has just been delivered, might change out of my cycling gear once I've drunk it.
    Onwards and upwards...
    Black pudding is wonder food? Tell me more :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Went out for another night ride last night, 31km so only a short one followed by an omelette and an earlyish alcohol free night.

Been to B&Q already today for some last bits for Project Profit which may actually turn a penny or two by the end of this month.

Apparently beer (or too much of it) is bad for you this week, lettuce had better watch out as every other foodstuff has been on some do gooder doctors hit list at some point.

Cup of tea #3 is on my desk and it's time to order some steel.

Onwards and quite possibly sideways...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Just spent the last 50 minutes on the phone to a lawyer such fun. New bike better arrive tomorrow (it isn't due but still)

Is the bike and a lawyer connected?!

Out for dinner tonight, all welcome except Stevo. Not being seen with a nearly 50 y/o hush puppy wearing man.

If Seano turns up, you'll see a man in Espadrilles too.

Taking the Date to a mates gig tomorrow. I dislike my mates music with it being angry rock stuff however I sold it as soft rock to her. That lie may cost me.

Sounds like you planned this.

To a brew (cba walking to campus Starbucks) and beyond. Have a good day peeps

Now, I would have thought there was an opportunity to do some rubber necking seen as you have pre-meditated and planned a split.
  • Black pudding is wonder food? Tell me more :D

I'll tell you this, one of our guys had to have a camera up his bum because as a routine bowel check (due to his age) the lab found traces of blood in his poop.

What he didn't tell the doctor was that every sunday he drives out to his favorite cafe and has full english with, yes you've guessed it, clotted pigs blood.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    This is the beginning of the black pudding wars.

Foul, disgusting congealed blood. Why on earth would you want to eat that?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Planet Rock, Christmas cake and Black coffee - early elevensees time. Will the government chief medical officer tell me if this is ok?
    Seemingly they now recommend 'several' alcohol free nights every week!!! WTF!!! You do the math.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • +1 for black pudding :D
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • pinno
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Pudding (40 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 101
    Calories from Fat 50
    Total Fat 5.6g 9%
    Carbohydrates 7.6g 3%
    Dietary Fibre 0g 0%
    Protein 4g

So 2 slices of the stuff will equate to over 11 grams of fat.

I thought I was in a cycling forum not the Scaffolders and Bricklayers Chat room.
  • seanoconn
    This is the beginning of the black pudding wars.

Foul, disgusting congealed blood. Why on earth would you want to eat that?
    I was raised on black and white pudding, although I'm still not entirely sure what white pudding is made of but sometimes it's best not to ask. Good oaty Irish black pudding is superior to its stodgy black paste English counterpart, Clonakilty black or brown pudding is amongst the best but is sold as a bit of a delicacy here with only a few slices in a pack.
  • seanoconn
    +1 for black pudding :D
    Good on you Josh, I'll send you a ring of the good stuff next time my parents go to Ireland.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Black pudding sounds and is grim.

No luckily the bike and lawyer are not connected. The bike would just make me happier.

The tax dodgers ain't back until Monday Pinno.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Cheers seanoconn!

I had the Catalan version when I was in Barcelona a couple of years ago, also very good.

Might need to rename this thread "The Black Pudding Appreciation Society"
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • pinno
    Cheers seanoconn!

I had the Catalan version when I was in Barcelona a couple of years ago, also very good.

Might need to rename this thread "The Cholesterol accumulation Society"

FTFY
  • BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • seanoconn
    Cheers seanoconn!

Might need to rename this thread "The Black Pudding Appreciation Society"
    Funnily enough I found some Spanish black pudding in the butchers before Chistmas, slightly more dense with a chorizo flavour but not bad.
  • pinno
    Nice pic of a cholesterol clogged artery:

atheroma-artery.gif
  • pinno
    hc3b.jpg
  • pinno
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAOHOD3DUMN6ywehnvO8LX-ug4RdI4N3UjJoNq1olRQ6CWRwjOgw
  • seanoconn
    hc3b.jpg
    Mmmm, caramelised clogged artery, stop, you're making me hungry.
  • veronese68
    Here you go, it's in the Guardian so it must be right.
    Food of the gods
    Other papers have a similar article, but there was no way I was going to click on a DM article.
  • seanoconn
    Here you go, it's in the Guardian so it must be right.
    Food of the gods
    Other papers have a similar article, but there was no way I was going to click on a DM article.
    So Pinno's wrong, again! :D
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all, at the risk of disappointing you all i'm actually vegetarian so no black pudding for me, on the plus side my arteries are as un-clogged as a dutch man relaxing after being on his feet all day!

Its the anniversary of my parent's greatest achievement tomorrow, i'll be celebrating my birthday (along with Kate Middleton and Sarah Beeny so I am in good company!).
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Yeah Friday!

Been to see a school with the kids - nice school but they do currently have one better looking teacher :(

Since then I've been in a local branch. Later is the pub
  • veronese68
    Caff has been caffed. Black pud, sausage, bacon, egg, toast, beans, 'shrooms and black pud all smothered in brown sauce. Being health conscious I passed on the fried slice. Naturally the whole lot was washed down by a mug of tea strong enough to stand a spoon in.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Another fan of the glorious black pud here. Hot or cold.
    Once had to explain to a colleague who hailed from Hull that it could be regarded as a cold buffet staple. He had never seen it eaten cold, but was soon converted.
    Regional thing?
  • seanoconn
    Another fan of the glorious black pud here. Hot or cold.
    Once had to explain to a colleague who hailed from Hull that it could be regarded as a cold buffet staple. He had never seen it eaten cold, but was soon converted.
    Regional thing?
    Yup, another here never seen it eaten cold.