Tip for spectacle wearers !

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited February 2016 in Road beginners
With the current persistent drizzly rain likely to continue - a good tip if you wear spectacles in to wear a baseball cap (or something else with a peak) under your helmet - this does a great job of keeping rain of your specs !

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    Would a bowler hat do?
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    Thanks - a cycling cap with a small peak is also good.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    A Wiggle parcel is imminent, courtesy of my Christmas vouchers. One of it's several components is a Castelli winter hat with the aforementioned peak. A Gabba for my head if the marketing bollox is to be believed:D

ETA: It's arrived! :D No Haribo! :(
  • keydon
    keydon Posts: 144
    Also, while we're on glasses, put some of whatever is the correct glue, on your screws to stop

them falling apart mid ride. The vibration will always work them loose.
  • If you are riding a bike you don't need to wear glasses. :?
    edit -other than cycling glasses
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    If you are riding a bike you don't need to wear glasses. :?
    edit -other than cycling glasses

And how do you arrive at that conclusion? Do you mean shouldn't wear glasses perhaps?
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    With -5 prescription Id be pretty lethal without my specs when cycling.
  • N1TRO
    N1TRO Posts: 103
    My helmet had this sun visor I was particularly drawn to - removable, but it came in really handy since I wear prescription glasses as well (they are Oakleys, mind you). Anyhow, something must have happened to the helmet, or rather someone did something to it, as the visor was cracked in half one time I went for a ride, so now the sun's in my eyes all the time.
    I had half a mind of taking it off before, but not that it's gone I'm really starting to miss it.
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    I use contact lenses when out on the bike. Means I can use sunglasses, or not.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • I purchased Oakley sunglasses with reactor light lenses. They are fine in the dark and bright sunshine.

I can't stand the though of getting my actual glasses covered in sweat and crap from cycling.