How long for deliever from DealExtreme???

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited January 2016 in MTB general
Ordered some lights end of Nov, still not arrived :x Got the charger and mounts but no lights and batteries.

Is this normal????

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Only ever had it all come at once (in about 3 weeks), did they send anything saying they would come separately?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Two of the reasons I always buy locally, lack of patience and too hard to sort out problems.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I've ordered three or four times and delivery is...erm...a Lottery to say the least.I've had stuff turn up in less than two weeks and stuff that takes three months.
    You pay your money and take your chance with DX I'm afraid :roll:
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    If it's got Lithium batteries in it they'll come by boat, not plane. That's why it's better to just order light heads from China and get the batteries locally.

Ordered something on the 20th of December, got notification it had been fully shipped on the 28th and arrived yesterday (4th of Jan), which is pretty quick. If it had contained batteries, however, i'd of expected it to arrive sometime next month or the month after.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    If it's got Lithium batteries in it they'll come by boat, not plane. That's why it's better to just order light heads from China and get the batteries locally.

Ordered something on the 20th of December, got notification it had been fully shipped on the 28th and arrived yesterday (4th of Jan), which is pretty quick. If it had contained batteries, however, i'd of expected it to arrive sometime next month or the month after.

Ah that may be it, I did recieve an email stating they were using another courier as the first one had rejected the package.

Hear you about buying from the UK but DX was significantly cheaper and I'm a tight ass :lol:

Just a shame it'll be frikking summer before they get here :roll:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Seven weeks for the one and only time I used them.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Seven weeks for the one and only time I used them.

23 orders with them so far over the last two/three years. Delivery times are all over the place depending on the size of the package, customs and weather it contains Lithium batteries or not. But anything with batteries in has definitely got waaaaay longer to arrive due to the rules on not transporting Lithium by plane anymore. That's ok has i have tons of Li-Ion batteries and packs and tend to just get the head units instead (which can be found if you scour through the usual Chinese sites). And the quality of battery packs coming out of China has dropped dramatically in the last two years.