Which should I pick?

georgefowles
georgefowles Posts: 4
edited January 2016 in MTB buying advice
Short and sweet

I've ordered this bike; http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/carrera-vulcan-mens-mountain-bike-2015

but I'm starting to think about cancelling my order and spend the extra 150 and get this; http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/carrera-fury-mountain-bike-2015

Should I bite the bullet and spend the extra £150? (going to be for just general off-roading, bridal paths, dirt roads, trails and hopefully some jumps.)

Thank you for your help. (i am 6ft 1, 13 stone. going to choose a 20 inch frame)

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Fury is a lot better bike, lighter, better forks, brakes drivetrain etc.

If you want to start some more serious off road like Jumping, then the Fury is a much better place to start, for general bashing around on light (gravel) trails it doesn't really offer that much benefit
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks for the replies.

after I read this I rang Halfords and changed my order to the Fury.

Cost £500, heard it's a really good bike for the money, I'l post a picture when I get it and let you know how it goes. CAN'T WAIT!
  • That fury is really nice.

Very similar spec to my boardman comp, which is a very capable bike as far as I've pushed it so far!
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    A little bit more money spent on a bike is well worth it..
  • Picked it up yesterday and I love it, glad I spent the extra, the lads in Halfords were singing its praises.
    Only think I think that can be changed at the moment would be the tyres for winter because they aren't as grippy as they should be (for winter anyway)
    Taking it for its second ride today to Hemlock stone and Bramcote Hills to see what it's like around there.
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    Enjoy your riding.. :)