the day after the day after etc.

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

in the lovely virgin clubhouse, had the full english, currently on my third glass of bubbly, waiting for the amazing steel bird to fly me thousands of miles to somewhere colder where i can't ride my bike, it's madness

pip pip!
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Sounds ominously work related. Not looking forward to tomorrow too much but will at least pedal in. Today looks a bit grim so will crack on with jobs and getting half ready for tomorows madnes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Morning knuckle shufflers

For your sake Sungod, I very much hope that 'bird' is Aluminium unless your going by Zeppelin* and you've practised your Charlston. I think that the jet stream is against you anyway so you'll have to go Eastwards.

*Might be wrong there. Think they were made from Magnesium.

Off swimming with toots and hopefully burn off ridiculous levels of excess energy. Why can't energy be transferable?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    My cycling buddy bailed on me this morning - so a boring 8 mike run to work off last nights meal out before today's :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Been wet and windy down here. Braved the weather to watch the boy playing rugby in a quagmire. Horizontal rain wasn't really appreciated. Thankfully the temperature wasn't too bad but with wet and wind chill they got plenty cold enough so the game was cut short. Not great cycling weather but I checked the bike over to make sure it's ready for tomorrow. I say checked over, I glanced at it and squeezed a tyre to check it had air in it. About to clamber into the loft to put the Christmas decorations away for another 11 months or so. Might go to the pub later.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    edited January 2016
    52 miles in the rain and wind. It was persistent with the only difference being the strength of the wind and the amount of rain.

Perversely it was enjoyable except for getting the muscles warm after the cafe stop. No cake as I must be the only person to put weight on while doing the Rapha Festive 500. Effing amazing.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    First puncture of 2016 today just as it started to rain. Fortunately I could see where a small flint had gone through the tire so was able to just pop that bit of the tube out and temporarily patch it for the last few miles home. Saw a chap out in full club kit on a penny farthing, guess with no drivetrain to service it's the ulimate winter bike!
  • Stevo_666
    52 miles in the rain and wind. It was persistent with the only difference being the strength of the wind and the amount of rain.

Perversely it was enjoyable except for getting the muscles warm after the cafe stop. No cake as I must be the only person to put weight on while doing the Rapha Festive 500. Effing amazing.
    Bizarre, as I've only covered 10% of that distance over Christmas and managed to lose a pound. Lip up, fatty :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480

Bizarre, as I've only covered 10% of that distance over Christmas and managed to lose a pound. Lip up, fatty :wink:

Pi55 poor management fella, I pleased I managed the challenge but equally frustrated my weight has increased.

I doubt my fitness has improved either as it was more a benchmark exercise so back to the training plan from Tuesday.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666

Pi55 poor management fella, I pleased I managed the challenge but equally frustrated my weight has increased.

I doubt my fitness has improved either as it was more a benchmark exercise so back to the training plan from Tuesday.
    Don't see how your fitness could not improve a bit with that sort of mileage. Hate to say this, but stay off the grog this month and thaf will no doubt help on the weight loss.
  • tlw1

Don't see how your fitness could not improve a bit with that sort of mileage. Hate to say this, but stay off the grog this month and thaf will no doubt help on the weight loss.

Wash your mouth out.... Drinking more just means cycling more

Though food...... Went out for a big Sunday lunch then to my parents for dinner to what I thought was a light buffet to be met with another Sunday roast - might go running tomorrow
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Reckon you can manage it mate? or you better off rolling down a hill?

Sat in all day being ill and resting. enforced rest tbh. Chased people regarding this stag and looked for a present for the Date to get me for the returned Christmas present
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1

It is a downhill start!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321

It is a downhill start!

To be fair, he did mention that he had to cycle the last 6 yards before the downhill bit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Sat in all day being ill and resting. enforced rest tbh. Chased people regarding this stag and looked for a present for the Date to get me for the returned Christmas present
    Don't think I could tbh. Already blown it for this month anyway :)

Think I will stick to DH
  • veronese68
    [Hate to say this, but stay off the grog this month and thaf will no doubt help on the weight loss.

Wash your mouth out.... Drinking more just means cycling more
    Quite right TLW, besides January is a ridiculous month to give up drinking in. As are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December. Just got back from the pub, beer is good.
  • Stevo_666
    The advice only applies to fatties :wink:
  • veronese68
    I'm alright to keep drinking then. :-)