Specialized camber vs Cube Stereo

Kingzolo
Kingzolo Posts: 52
edited January 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys.

Ive narrowed my next bike down to theese 2 - I've pretty much decided on the Camber but should i reconsider det Cube? I really like the geometri, look and wheelset on the camber but the Cube has a much better standard spec besides the wheelset.

Specialized Camber Comp (LBS fitting 1x11 XT drivetrain) - 2700 EUROS.
http://specialized.com/dk/en/bikes/mountain/camber/camber-comp-29
Would have to get a dropper post mountet soon and maybe better brakes.

Cube Stereo 120 HPC - 2850 EUROS
http://www.cube.eu/uk/products/fullsuspension/stereo/cube-stereo-120-hpc-race-carbonnwhite-2016/
Would need a better wheelset. Only 19mm inner rim.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Personally I would go for the Camber for the better frame but I would go for the Camber Evo.
  • There is no EVO version 2016 - or actually all camber models are like the 2015 EVO models, with slacker geometri 68.5 HA, also the Chainstay has been shortened which is nice.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    In that case I would just have the Camber.
  • Yeah i think im gonna go with the Camber. Thx
  • apc1
    apc1 Posts: 49
    Hi

I bought the Camber Comp 2016 29er last week to replace my 2010 Stumpjumper Comp FSR. Absolutely love it and the 29er is way more capable than a 26er.

I actually test rode the 650b Stumpjumper and 29er stumpjumper back to back before deciding on wheel size and was really impressed by 29er (to my surprize - thought I was going for 650b before). More agile than I expected because of shorter back end this year.

Went for camber because has enough travel for me and slightly more XC suited although trail centre capable too which suits more riding. New stumpjumper has more travel than my old bike and more bike than I needed but excellent ride. Camber shares same front triangle, wheels and drive train as the Stumpjumper comp.

I think Specialized can be criticised for being slightly more expensive but the ride is fantastic and I think it is worth it over some others where component spec is higher but geometry isn't as good.Framce is beautifully made, wheels and tyres are excellent and they all work very well together, The Specialized own brand kit is excellent quality IMO.

Get the Camber!
  • Thanks for that answer - Im happy to hear that u are satisfied with your Camber, can't wait to get mine :)

Was also thinking about the Stumpjumer 29 but came up with the same conclusion as you.