Pinnacle rear derailleur hanger recall

andyeb
andyeb Posts: 407
edited January 2016 in Road general
I gather there's a recall on the rear derailleur hanger for the following Pinnacle bikes: Arkose, Pyrolite, Dolomite and Shizuoka.

It's for the BGRD-4 hanger, which can cause the rear wheel position to slip and they are advising people not to ride their bikes until it's sorted out.

Having just bought a 2015 Arkose 3, I was wondering if there is any way to check whether the recall was dealt with in the shop or whether I still need to get it done?

Given Evans couldn't even pump the tyres up to the correct pressure before I took delivery of the bike, my confidence in other mechanicals is somewhat low!

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    To be on the safe side, ask Evans for the new RD hanger and fit it yourself.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I think it's likely it was done in the shop, though may depend when you bought it? I picked up my single speed Arkose from their Bristol store a couple of weeks before Christmas, and they called me the day before I was due to collect to advise that they were getting the new RD hangers in so would fit the new one before I arrived at the shop. When I said it wasn't needed as it was a single speed, they insisted on giving me the new RD hanger anyway, so I'll use it if I ever convert the bike to run gears.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What pressure were the tyres?

Premium bike shop in town gave me a 4k road bike with about 15 psi in both tyres, so its not exclusive to Evans.

If you bought it after mid December it should have been done.
    I think its just a different thickness, so without having both it may be difficult to tell.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There is a dot after the model no. on the replacement ones.

Had they replaced it or sold you a bike with the deadly one?
  • andyeb
    andyeb Posts: 407
    Thanks Carbonator. Mine has a dot after the model number so looks like I'm all good.

Now to source a spare for the toolkit!