Advice

Andrew09003132
Andrew09003132 Posts: 7
edited January 2016 in MTB general
Hi guy
Hope everyone is well. I'll looking to get a new hardtail frame to build up a do it all bike. I.m hoping to use 130 forks 26 in wheel. I was thinking cotie Bfe
Any recommendations would be fantastic
And thank you for you time

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    456 in metal or carbon?

Clearly it can't genuinely be a do it all bike, so what usage will it mostly be put to?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Also give some thought to a 29 inch wheel too - I was surprised at how different they are. I suspect that this size will become standard.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Also give some thought to a 29 inch wheel too - I was surprised at how different they are. I suspect that this size will become standard.

Don't think there will ever be a standard size anymore, 29 is popular for XC, 27.5 for DH and more technical/hardcore riding. 27.5 will probably be the most popular, I have a 29 and it is good for XC, especially good uphill and in the mud :D
    26 appears to be deaf judging by the fact that no one makes 26" bikes anymore!!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There are still some 26" trail bikes in production.
    Dirt jump and freeride will stay 26" because bigger wheels make tricks harder
    A lot of downhill riders still prefer 26" wheels as well.
  • Hi thanks for answering my. im looking a the dartmoor primal. Cotic BFe or cove stiffee because I'm after a 17 in frame. Has anyone ridden any of them ?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I had the Cove. Kept it for two rides. Harsh is an understatement.
  • What do you mean harsh ?
  • The Rookie
    Have a think about it, there is a clue in the name.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I got you
    not a recommendation from you then
  • The Rookie
    Well not from RMSC, I've not ridden one but understand what he means.