Wellgo MG1 pedals: left and right markings

rumbataz
rumbataz Posts: 796
edited December 2015 in Road general
I have a pair for Wellgo MG1 pedals for my hybrid and they are excellent flat pedals. However, I cannot locate a left or right marking on the pedals. I've looked several times.

Does anyone know where the marking is likely to be for these pedals? I just want to make sure that I've fitted them on the right way round!

Comments

• One of the pedals will be reverse threaded so you can't possibly put them on the wrong crank arms.
  • They should only fit one way.

They both have different threads and can only fit in the Crank arm they are meant for.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • rumbataz
    Ah okay, that's good then! So they must be on properly. As these are sealed bearing pedals, is there any benefit in greasing/oiling/lubricating the exterior of the spindle (where it makes contact with the pedal body)?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Ah okay, that's good then! So they must be on properly. As these are sealed bearing pedals, is there any benefit in greasing/oiling/lubricating the exterior of the spindle (where it makes contact with the pedal body)?

If you only just fitted them - just leave them alone.
  • rumbataz
    Okay, I just made sure they were done up nice and tight before my bike ride today. They are virtually new as I've only covered about 100KM with them on so far.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Did you put anti seize on first?

So you rode on them for 60 odd miles and then tightened them some more?
  • rumbataz
    Yes, plenty of anti-seize on the bolt threads before I screwed them in. Actually I took them off, cleaned up the crank thread and pedal bolt and then put a generous amount of anti-seize on the bolt before refitting them. I noticed that when I took them off I didn't need a huge amount of force - I have one of those large Park Tool 15mm pedal spanners and I was expecting a battle to get the pedals off but relatively little force was needed. This time around I tightened them down very tight.

I'll retighten after a few more rides without taking them off.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Pedals don't need to be done up that tight. If you keep tightening and then re-tightening them for no reason, you will fck something up. You will also regret doing it further down the line, when you really do need to remove them. Like I said earlier, just leave them be.