Cleaning

EnduroFanatic123
EnduroFanatic123 Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in MTB general
Does anybody know a specific method of cleaning the outside of your hydration pack with mud stains? I want to make my kit look like new again so any tips would be appreciated. :D

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Depends on what it's made of really! I just way until the mud dries and brush it off with a nail brush.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    New looking kit is never cool.
    I think I put mine in the washing machine a few years ago after it got some badger turd on it but it certainly didn't get all the mud stains out.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Didn't know your nickname was badger...........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Occasionally, if the mud happens to have dried, I shake some of it off. But usually I don't.
    Hose the majority of the mud off, then fling it in the machine. Same way everything else gets cleaned; infrequently.
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    I hate trying to clean all the fiddly bits on a pack and I hate getting muddy fingers when trying to access the contents. I use a waterproof cover to protect the pack in muddy conditions.
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I forget what colour mine is.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    laughing at the replies... bunch of scruffs.

I "occasionally" jet wash mine when I'm cleaning the bike. I use the rain cover on it mostly though... it still has stains on it though. I don't think you ever get all the marks out your gear.... the worn-in look is cool anyway, I always feel a bit self conscious in brand new gear.
    Jas
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Just brush off the muck with a stiff brush, unless RC said like you get some animal crap on it it gets blasted with the hose an scrubbed off.
    Saying that I did handwash it after a my camelbak bladder split an leaked a hydration mix through the bottom of it. Sticky pack is not nice.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    leaked a hydration mix through the bottom of it.

'An' Hydration mix actually.

FFS who cares if your stuff looks new or old.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: