Boxing Day Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well Christmas was a mediocre affair in the Mules stable. Dad slowly losing his marbles doesn't really add to the Christmassy feel, so it hasn't been a great one.

Todays plan was to go to the football, maybe check out some sales for stuff I'm after beforehand, however it's rained none stop for the last 12 hours, and the game has been postponed.

Hmm

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon all,
    Slow day here today. Full chaos at my folks' yesterday though. Might go out and tinker in the garage at some point.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon chumps,

Interesting day of drive up north an play rescue the relatives seeing as the uncles been advised to leave the house before it floods, rescued all the important stuff (his BBQ), an shunted a load of furniture upstairs. Now just bumming around a in a services for a bit of a break before going home.
  • Where abouts is he Step83?
    Bury is on red alert as the river has burst its banks in some places, and right at the brink in others. It's due to rain all night, so people are preparing for the worst. Luckily, my parents live up a hill, we're ok for now
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Up in Ribchester a bit north of Blackburn got him out early hes staying nearby just no one else around that could help.
    The Ribble runs not far from his an it peaked at six meters today so with more rain on the way it was best to get him out, the brook over the back of his is what is causing the concern at the minute.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Evenin' All,

Had a bit of a roadie ride :oops: this morning and feeling a lot better for it as well. Just had a massive Thai take away and settling down in front of the box with mince pies and plonk :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Greetings all,

Well my Dentist can suck a big fat one along with the weather and Christmas. Bah Humbug. After cracking my tooth and exposing the nerve and getting an abscess under it (severe pain) around three weeks ago. My dentist thought it be best to rescue it, even though I said yank it out but he wouldn't pull it for me (no tongue in cheek haha). So temp filling decided to come out Christmas Eve been suffering since. Ne Dentists open etc.

Currently watching River Calder flood its banks, thought we was meant to get snow this time of year.

And never found my bargain Stumpy FSR yet, though one came close but had a dent on the top tube.

Best pressie I received was a book, shocking for me as I am Mr Gadget, but Grey Wolf shall be an interesting read.

Hope everyone else had a good ole yule time.