Suggestions for a basic bike computer

Triophile
Triophile Posts: 44
edited December 2015 in Commuting general
Evening, all, hope you're having a good Xmas so far :-)

I've spent a while on ebay looking at cheapo computers, and have a question: does anyone know of a basic computer, <£30, which doesn't reset the average and max speed readings when resetting the trip distance or trip time? I'd be regularly resetting trip distance and time, but would like to retain my average and max speeds.

I'm not fussed whether the 'puter is wired or wireless...

Many thanks for any advice, Jon.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Do you have a smart phone?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I do (a Samsung from 2012). It's fairly old though, so it doesn't have Bluetooth 4 (I was looking at one of the Topeak BT sensors, but that requires BT4). I've tried using the GPS before with an app whose name I can't remember, but it seemed to drain the battery fairly quickly. Any other smartphone-related suggestions gratefully received though :-)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Lots of decent apps, receiving on GPS doesn't drain the battery, the most popular app is Strava.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.