Microshift r9/10 and buying from China

codfather
codfather Posts: 359
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
Afternoon all,

With the demise of many of my local trails recently, I've been spending more time on my much neglected Trek SL1000, built back in Feb on a shoestring budget as a means of conveyance and grocery getting. I don't dislike it, but the silly 2300 thumb shifters and their inherent clunkiness is irritating. I'd like to throw some nicer components at it, but full Shimano groupsets are expensive and unnecessary for me. I've been monitoring the second hand market, but finding little to taste.

While trawling eBay this morning I came across these; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microshift-Bicycle-Derailleur-Set-R9-2X9-Double-9-Speed-Group-for-Shimano-SRAM-/261985639924?hash=item3cff8f9df4:g:OukAAOSw0vBUjY5k

While 10 speed would be nice, I'm currently running a 9 speed Sora crank and front mech, so these would fit in more comfortably. The price is quite tempting and I've heard good things about the more recent Microshift setups, but is there anything I should watch out for?
Secondly, I'm mildly apprehensive about buying from China. The wait doesn't bother me and the seller seems well reviewed, but I have little to no knowledge of import/customs and don't know if this would be an issue.

Lastly, are there any convenient ways to buy Microshift in the UK? They seem to have a 700% greater range of components than when last I looked and I'd be interested to try some of the MTB stuff, cassettes in particular.

Any help gratefully appreciated and Merry Christmas all.
Current fleet
2015 Transition Scout
2012 Nukeproof Scalp
2016 Genesis Latitude
2012 Transition Double
2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
2017 Fly Proton
???? Create Polo Bike