Family- outing-cycling -fun

ad6565
ad6565 Posts: 5
How many you go cycling with your family on weekends?

Comments

• Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    Never as a family ... though it's not like I haven't tried.... even rebuilt my hybrid for Mum .... so it's become a very son and Dad thing.

We were discussing summer holidays (or more accurately my 6yr old asked what compromise means which led to) and he had previously asked (on the same drive) if we could do a MTB Holiday this summer so when he asked about compromise I used an example of Mum wants to go to Ibiza and we want to go Mountain Biking... so compromise might be we go to Ibiza and hire mountain bikes and Mum can also try some of the time.

It turns out I mis-understood compromise.
    Mum isn't willing to try and wants to know how many days we will actually go biking ??

My thought was compromise was we could do a couple of rides a day with a short non technical one Mum could do and perhaps a harder more technical one late afternoon ...
  • Steve-XcT
    Steve-XcT Posts: 267
    oxoman wrote:
    I get 3 or 4 days camping with my youngest lad every school holiday, used to take the oldest as well but at 15 decided he wanted to stay at home. So last year just the 2 of us did various trails and rides around the peak district, this year it looks like Wales. The wife loves it and calls it her holiday until we get back with the dirty washing.

This sounds much more realistic !!! I must have a different definition of compromise than his Mum :?
    From my perspective if you hire bikes then you want to get the use and not go each morning and rehire - go somewhere etc.
    Rolling out of a tent with the bikes ready to go sounds like our idea of heaven and his Mum's of Hell!
  • JimReyes
    JimReyes Posts: 6
    We Haven't tried it yet, but now want to do this.