First road bike

xyz133
xyz133 Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
I am deciding between these two offers:

1. Kuota Korsa lite 2011 (used for 3 seasons, 1500km per season) with shimano ultegra 10s, upgraded rims compagnolo scirocco 35mm and seat sella italia slr, new tires vittoria corsa. Price: 650eur

2. Focus Culebro 1.0 2014 (new). Price:850eur

Is it worth to pay additional 200eur for Focus (I am willing to do that if that means I can be satisfied with a bike for a longer period of time)? Will Focus maybe be too uncomfortable for a begginer?

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    I am deciding between these two offers:

1. Kuota Korsa lite 2011 (used for 3 seasons, 1500km per season) with shimano ultegra 10s, upgraded rims compagnolo scirocco 35mm and seat sella italia slr, new tires vittoria corsa. Price: 650eur

2. Focus Culebro 1.0 2014 (new). Price:850eur

Is it worth to pay additional 200eur for Focus (I am willing to do that if that means I can be satisfied with a bike for a longer period of time)? Will Focus maybe be too uncomfortable for a begginer?

Both are more than adequate for your needs - despite what you read a carbon frame - 105 groupset is more than adequate for most people.

The key thing is fit - don't buy a bike that is to big - no matter how good the deal. Are both those bike web orders ?

Personal I would go along to a good local bike shop (Lbs) - and have a chat - he will sit you on few bikes - discuss your needs - ultimately that may mean you settle for a low spec bike (or pay more!!) - but you have local back up - and a bike that fits...

I think buying web\mail order is ok when you really know what you are after (no disrespect) - but a poorly fitting bike will lead to no end of fustration.

Decathlon do a range of btwin bikes starting at around £250-£300 - perfectly adequate as an entry into the sport (provided you live by a decathlon)