UK Highest Mountain Summits by Bike

jonny_gibbo
jonny_gibbo Posts: 26
edited January 2016 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

Im planning a new challenge for next year and some time ago came across an event where you visited each of the highest summits in the UK and Ireland by bike and while there took a day out to climb each summit.

Does anybody know of a website that is dedicated to this.

Im pretty sure im not imagining it :D

Thanks for any input.

John.

Comments

• 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    3 Piste sportive Click

Bealach Mor sportive Click
  • ajax_bay
    ajax_bay Posts: 117
    Ben Nevis (from Achintee), Scafell Pike (from Seathwaite) and Snowdon (from Pen-y-pas), then Holyhead-Dublin Ferry and Carrauntoohil in County Kerry (from NE).

http://ridewithgps.com/users/279650/routes

1120km and 10,000m of climb.

A brilliant challenge, especially unsupported.
  • Thanks Ajax.

Looking to do both Eire and Northern Ireland with possibly a ferry from Ayr or Stranrear.
  • ajax_bay
    ajax_bay Posts: 117
    I looked at taking in the Mournes as part of the trip I suggested. You're better off going north from Dublin ie out and back to the Mournes, and then down to SW Ireland to complete the 5 tops in the minimum distance. But clearly you could go south from the Ben and via Stranraer, the Mournes, and then down to SW Ireland, back to Dublin and then cross back to Holyhead and finish with Snowdon then Scafell Pike (from Langdale). Great possibilities.
  • My plan was because i live in Wigan was to do Scafell first, then onto The Ben and come back down the Western Isles hopping across by ferries to Gourock then down to Ayr and a ferry to Larne. Ride down to Sleive then possibly take in the Ring of Kerry on my way to Carrantouill. Then across country and get the ferry to Fishguard back to Wales and do Snowdon last. Simples :)