ADVICE: Buy new bike or keep frame and change components?

andreibirsan
andreibirsan Posts: 12
edited December 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hey Mtb Fans

I have a Scott scale 35 from 2009 that is a bit old now, and components are not as new.
Tha question that I am asking my self having a budget of arround 700:

Do I sell my currend bike lossing definatelly a lot of money as a difference of what I have paied initially, and build a hybrid bike for arround £800 ( I live in London)
OR
Do i sell my components from the current bike, keep tha frame and buy some average performance components for arround £800.

What would you guys do???

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My commuter is Hybrid I've built myself, it's a hybrid frame (but really any different from an MTB frame) fitted with mostly MTB parts, it weighs in at 9kg and works well on road, all in it cost less than £500.

From what you say I'd be tempted to go the update route, look at Mosso forks and going 1x on the gearing as cheap ways of getting to working well and being light.

All that said, have a look at last years Voodoo Marasa which can be had for £200 and is a good basis for a fast road hybrid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.