ASO to withdraw from World Tour?

2»

Comments

• ^How dare!
  • ^How dare!

As you are an expert Simone, what's it called if you go to the second knuckle? #askingforafriend
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • You lot are disgusting

Frankie Knuckles
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    1st games Kick off at 1300 (Eastern Standard Time) 1800 GMT for about 3 hours 15 and 2nd games start at 2105/2125 and then they have Sunday Night starting a 0130am GMT. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • deejay
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I should probably point out that I saw a made up word I'd never seen before, assumed there would be a hilarious definition of said word on urban dictionary and picked the most outlandish i could find. Deejay might very well be a lovely chap. Though I suppose he could also be a horrid rotter.

I'm not doing well at rescuing poor deejay's reputation here, am i? More port, anyone?
    I wish you hadn't googled it either. Now how to mention it without the possible thoughts of how it's been recieved here. Strewth the wife made it up, as is her way to joke with me from the days years ago before we married.... An example :-
    She was out there in very early mornings while I did some TT marshalling or timing and afterwards a group (in 6/8 cars) would dash down to Lancing (Sussex) the Dutch House for breakfast and a day on the beach. A twist of words at that time, was "we are going to the Leelide to play with WeeWeed" and the silly b.it.ch still makes up funny sayings.
    I had better explain this innocent nuffle as every Sunday evening (in the off season of cycle racing) as she is not over keen on sport (especially if the boring Kirby/Bäckstedt are on) and she wants Downton on.
    I get "you got that bloody nuffle on again, which is the USA football of NFL. Get it - sorry.
    Horrid, oh yea but the cap dosn't fit for Rotter. (well I've been called many things in my time but not that one) and the other well known one dosn't fit either as my parents were married.
    Yes please, I'll have a glass.........Merry Christmas to you all. :lol:
    PS :- when she's being a b.it.ch I love her most and tell her that. ?

My New Year Wish is that the UCI don't screw up any more races.......back on Topic.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I had better explain this innocent nuffle as every Sunday evening (in the off season of cycle racing) as she is not over keen on sport (especially if the boring Kirby/Bäckstedt are on) and she wants Downton on.
    I get "you got that bloody nuffle on again, which is the USA football of NFL. Get it - sorry.

:lol:

Does she watch doovds on the tuv? And is it a Joovc lukud tuv?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I should probably point out that I saw a made up word I'd never seen before, assumed there would be a hilarious definition of said word on urban dictionary and picked the most outlandish i could find. Deejay might very well be a lovely chap. Though I suppose he could also be a horrid rotter.

I'm not doing well at rescuing poor deejay's reputation here, am i? More port, anyone?
    I wish you hadn't googled it either. Now how to mention it without the possible thoughts of how it's been recieved here. Strewth the wife made it up, as is her way to joke with me from the days years ago before we married.... An example :-
    She was out there in very early mornings while I did some TT marshalling or timing and afterwards a group (in 6/8 cars) would dash down to Lancing (Sussex) the Dutch House for breakfast and a day on the beach. A twist of words at that time, was "we are going to the Leelide to play with WeeWeed" and the silly b.it.ch still makes up funny sayings.
    Horrid, oh yea but the cap dosn't fit for Rotter. (well I've been called many things in my time but not that one) and the other well known one dosn't fit either as my parents were married.

My New Year Wish is that the UCI don't screw up any more races.......back on Topic.

Post of the Year! :lol::lol:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

That's on a par with the dog ate my homework, or I borrowed a needle from a stranger at the gym!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    No-one is asking the pertinent question here.

Is seven hours of NFL better than having a finger up your arse? It's a close call. I suppose it comes down to who is playing and whose finger it is.

Patriots & Packers v John Prescot
    or
    Lions & Bengals v Taylor Swift.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim

Is seven hours of NFL better than having a finger up your ars*? It's a close call. I suppose it comes down to who is playing and whose finger it is.

or

Clearly Rich, having a finger up your arse is preferable to even a minute of NFL. Two even more so.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

Is seven hours of NFL better than having a finger up your ars*? It's a close call. I suppose it comes down to who is playing and whose finger it is.

or

Clearly Rich, having a finger up your ars* is preferable to even a minute of NFL. Two even more so.

Fingers?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Can someone give me a short version of why I should care?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

There was some concern Deejay was promoting a questionable sexual practice when he was actually talking about American Football
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • The Family Amaury AND HV still gonna be out of luck looking to the postman tomorrow, for a nice Christmas card signed 'Best Wishes from Cookie and all in Aigle'

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/23/cycling-uci-brian-cookson-hein-verbruggen-circ-report
  • The Family Amaury AND HV still gonna be out of luck looking to the postman tomorrow, for a nice Christmas card signed 'Best Wishes from Cookie and all in Aigle'

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/23/cycling-uci-brian-cookson-hein-verbruggen-circ-report

I suppose if they got really feisty the UCI could take it a step further by shunting their races into different, less appealing calendar dates.
    I wonder how they'd (and the Italians) feel about a slot swap with the Giro? 8)
    Can a HC race be 3 weeks long, for that matter?
    In any case, should be no probably to chop the Vuelta down to size.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deejay
    I suppose if they got really feisty the UCI could take it a step further by shunting their races into different, less appealing calendar dates.
    I wonder how they'd (and the Italians) feel about a slot swap with the Giro? 8)
    Can a HC race be 3 weeks long, for that matter?
    In any case, should be no probably to chop the Vuelta down to size.
    I still think you miss the point, as Inring has.
    The French Federation could drop out of the UCI and still organise their French events (TDF the same 3 weeks in July) and if only French Federation Riders are applicable then they would run with it. (with a big play on the Tri Colour Jersey and by christ they would even get a French winner)
    They started the TDF without outside help and IMO they can easily revert to their own thing again. :)
    If outsiders want an invite then it's up to them to get permission to apply.
    The French have shown you they will take no prisoners when they shocked the World by running the TDF outside of UCI controls.
    The French don't need the UCI but the UCI certainly need the French and so they attend the meetings and said nothing because they had a Plan "B" to operate.
    It Just makes sense to me that they have prepared the ground from the Fat Controller days and are ready.
  • joelsim
    Given that The Tour represents 65% of all sponsor media coverage, its a no-brainer. The UCI don't have a leg to stand on.
  • Not in the modern age.
    Running the Tour with just French riders would be a massive commercial flop.
    Plus the FF riders could forget riding in the Worlds.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • deejay
    The short answer to that is "NO" there isn't anything to care about.

Did you ever worry in the childrens playground when they started making rumours NO, well forums are much they same.
  • joelsim
    Not in the modern age.
    Running the Tour with just French riders would be a massive commercial flop.
    Plus the FF riders could forget riding in the Worlds.

But Sky or Cannondale or Etixx would just not fund a non-Tour participation year. So even as an HC race the sponsors will insist that the teams take part (if one of the 14 invited WT teams). Thus The Tour will still be The Tour with all the best riders there.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    From what's been divulged, that Deejay represents the UCI and his wife, ASO, is a completely acceptable scenario. Dispite the misunderstandings, their fate is inextricably linked. Any attempts to divorce at this point are seemingly utterly unworkable and essentially nonsensical conjecture. Their interlinked history counts for a lot. It's inevitable that from time to time, ASO (MrsDeejay) might throw the UCI (Deejay) a Nuffle to contend with. Keeps them on their toes.
  • deejay
    Given that The Tour represents 65% of all sponsor media coverage, its a no-brainer. The UCI don't have a leg to stand on.
    But Sky or Cannondale or Etixx would just not fund a non-Tour participation year. So even as an HC race the sponsors will insist that the teams take part (if one of the 14 invited WT teams). Thus The Tour will still be The Tour with all the best riders there.
    I think someone has seen the point I've been labouring and so I continue with the point of Debating a subject.
    I've been reading between the lines and the conclusions I made have been posted.
    I noted the ASO said nothing at the meetings and then made a casual statement about dropping out of the world tour.
    The Media, UCI and the forums go into panic mode.
    I presented a far fetched scenario of the possiblities that the French could go and the only drawback was a single day race to a world championship, so I emphasized how they would promote their National Championship to give it a meaning like a WC.
    (giving it a similar status as the USA "Superbowl World Championship" or their "Baseball World Series World Championship")
    These mean so much in their home countries. :roll: Plus a French TDF winner after 30 years.

I covered the point about a French Federation Series of races (and those within the UCI) with.
    deejay wrote:
    If outsiders want an invite then it's up to them to get permission to apply.
    The ASO have the UCI by the balls again, by only saying they won't play.
  • deejay
    From what's been divulged, that Deejay represents the UCI and his wife, ASO, is a completely acceptable scenario. Dispite the misunderstandings, their fate is inextricably linked. Any attempts to divorce at this point are seemingly utterly unworkable and essentially nonsensical conjecture. Their interlinked history counts for a lot. It's inevitable that from time to time, ASO (MrsDeejay) might throw the UCI (Deejay) a Nuffle to contend with. Keeps them on their toes.
    Certainly more Childrens Playground rubbish that nobody understands but plain gibberish.
  • deejay
    `
    NEWS
    28.12.2015 @ 15:08 Posted by Emil Axelgaard

José Luis de Santos has been a professional rider, manager, national coach and is now the President of the Association of Professional Cyclists in Spain ACP. From his current position, he confirms that he shares views with Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO), organizer of the Tour de Franc,e in their decision to leave in 2017 WorldTour that will undergo a reform by the International Cycling Union (UCI).

BiciCiclismo has contacted De Santos (1968) to know more about his views on the battle between ASO and the UCI. Santos remains "optimistic" and believes that together the parties can reach "a deal in one way or another." He also defends the autonomy of his association and makes it clear that the international riders union CPA represents itself.
    CPA president Gianni Bugno has criticized the UCI for failing to reach an agreement that included all the key stakeholders.

”In addition to the lack of consensus among all the stakeholder in the process, we also think that any process about cycling reforms should maintain a lot of the values ​​that have made ​​this sport important,” he says. “That was one of the points where ASO did not agree and we share that view. The news is certainly not good; it is best to work together for a good reform that is good for all parties, riders, teams and organizers. We should all go forward hand in hand. But right now you can see that it's complicated.”

Santos does not believe that it will be possible to have a WorldTour without the Tour de France.
    “It is not a question about whether it is possible or not. Another thing is that the interest is quickly called into question,” he says. “The Tour is the beacon of professional cycling and the highlight of the media interest. It will be difficult to explain this to the public.

We must be optimistic that a deal will be reached in one way or another. The reality is that cycling cannot have two parallel leagues. There is a lot of competition for media interest with other sports and this will only confuse the fans. Ideally, there will be consensus and a good solution. However, in reality there was no debate at the UCI seminar in Barcelona reality. No one said anything, it was decided quickly and then the Tour decided to leave the WorldTour.”

As always, the riders are caught in the middle of a war between the teams that support the reform, and the organizers.
  • deejay
    More fun to play with....

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has announced the launch of a new UCI World Ranking (for men’s professional road cycling, reflecting a similar ranking in place already for women’s professional road cycling).

The UCI World Ranking – individual and nations – will be published in parallel with the UCI WorldTour Ranking (individual, teams and nations).

So this starts in 2017, and the winner of TDF etc will not be eligible for points. :roll: