Garmin Edge 205 and windows 10

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited January 2016 in Road general
I have a very old Garmin edge 205 - which is working fine - the stuff uploads to Garmin express - and Garmin Connect - however the device doesn't show in 'My Computer' meaning I can't download GPX files to it - any ideas ? - or is there another way I can use gpx files....

Ive tried re installing the driver etc - but no joy...

Comments

• dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Try a different usb cable, if that does not work then check that the device is been displayed in the device manager. Right click my computer>select manage>select device manager. If the device has a yellow triangle then it is not been seen correctly by the computer.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Try a different usb cable, if that does not work then check that the device is been displayed in the device manager. Right click my computer>select manage>select device manager. If the device has a yellow triangle then it is not been seen correctly by the computer.

It does have the yellow triangle - but what next ? - I have the correct driver installed, get the same results on win 8 laptop.....

emailed garmin but no response...
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    kingrollo wrote:

It does have the yellow triangle - but what next ? - I have the correct driver installed, get the same results on win 8 laptop.....

emailed garmin but no response...

I would ring garmin, more likely to get help from them over the phone than an email.

Sounds like the USB drivers have not been recognised/malfunctioned. Try a different usb port.
    Also try turning the 205 on when its plugged in to the pc.