GPS App for MTB in Real Time / Live Tracking

loctome
loctome Posts: 2
edited January 2016 in MTB general
Hello guys, I developed this free tool for outdoors sports.

The main features are:

- Turn your smartphone into an outdoor assistant tool for air, ground and water sports.

- Share your location in real time with friends, family and fans

- Select your privacy activity (public or private)

- Real time, live tracking, Loctome "SOS button" improve the security to your outdoor activities.

Live Tracking GPS - Share Location in real time-screenshot1.png

Please feel free to use, share and write me the feedback about it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loctome.app.loctome&hl=en

+info: http://loctome.com

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    How will this be different from the 100 or so other apps out there?????
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The only difference I can see to the hundreds of existing apps is the ability for other people to track the user. And that's the one feature I really wouldn't want, when I'm out riding I don't want my location broadcast. For one thing it's using data constantly and for another thing my exact location not something I want other people to see. I doubt that anyone else would give two f##ks where I am, unless they're planning on mugging me or burgling my house while I'm out or going to shag the wife.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Maybe they could be planning to mug you, steal your bike and pop your A-cherry for you......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Fixing what ain't broke I reckon. Strava will do for me.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Strava is broken. It turns normal people under to idiots.
  • Hey now. Lol

I know what you mean. I try not to be a segment douche for the most part.. But I'm the type of person that's a bit more motivated if I know I have a log of it somewhere, and there are a couple of local segments I like putting myself against others on.. A very small part of my standard 11 mile loop though :)
  • The Rookie
    Strava is broken. It turns normal people under to idiots.
    Strava is like alcohol, for the majority it adds a bit of pleasure and fun to their lives, for a small minority it takes over their lives and turns them into something much less attractive.

I use Strava and I can give it up any time I want.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's what you said about ladyboys.

And look how that ended.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    True, you may be able to steal the ladyboys from me but I know you aren't up to taking Strava segments off me.....
  • I still don't really understand the fixation with Strava. Whatever happened to just going out on a ride and enjoying it without having to prove that on your Bronson you're 0.3 seconds faster than a 12 year old on an Orange MsIsle....
    Learn the trails. Ride the trails. Enjoy the trails. Repeat as necessary.
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    That's what you said about ladyboys.

And look how that ended.
    How do you know it ended?
    Many happy trails!
  • rockmonkeysc
    I like how whenever you tell someone you don't use Strava their immediate response is to tell you how many KOM'S they have got and how you could never do that. There's the reason I don't use Strava. Hopefully E-bikes will kill it off.
  • The Rookie
    No-one has actually said that at all......somewhat an interpretative version of what has been posted (2+2=5), if you don't want to use it, that's fine by me, for those of us who choose to use it for a bit of fun, lay off us!
  • Yeah, leave strava alone!! I have exactly 0 KOM's!!

Really just like having a log of the miles I'm doing.. I'm only in competition with myself for segments given I don't break top 50's on the all times.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122

- Share your location in real time with friends, family and fans
    Whilst I'm obviously a riding (demi) god, I'm not sure I actually have any fans
  • rockmonkeysc
    So many people cheat on it. There's a fat middle aged bloke (not me) who is apparently faster than a local elite xc racer according to Strava. Even I find him slow to ride with.
  • The Rookie
    I'm an overweight middle aged bloke and held a local KOM (still third fastest) ahead of some local XC, CX and road racers who I know are faster than me, they didn't accuse me of cheating, in fact 3 of them were on the ride when I set the time, they were surprised but congratulated me, no malice, no accusations or anything.
  • Your times are better than guys you know are faster than you? That does not make sense, I didnt think gps lied but I guess it can be inaccurate. Love it or hate it there is no other app talked that people talk as much about than Strava - I guess that makes it - KOM...
    Stay positive people :)
  • Oh and as for the bloke that created the app good stuff! There are many uses for this kind of app for me. Like at the snow you could check where all your mates are on the runs as opposed to using radios.. I guess like anything some people have a use for it while others dont. I know people that dont drive or use email, but they understand the worth of the technology.
    It is just funny the user has joined the forum just to post the app!
    Stay positive people :)
  • The Rookie
    Your times are better than guys you know are faster than you? That does not make sense, I didnt think gps lied but I guess it can be inaccurate. Love it or hate it there is no other app talked that people talk as much about than Strava - I guess that makes it - KOM...
    Of course it makes sense, they are usually faster than me, over a whole ride they are faster than me, on that one segment on that day I put in a very good time and they respected that.
  • Is it just me or does anyone else get big differences when recording the same ride on a garmin edge and strava app??
  • The Rookie
    I don't get that but you can get whacky difference were the segment start and exit points are close to a very slow section as the location error can make a big difference to when it thinks you entered or exited a segment.

A segment near me starts at a swing gate, if 'it thinks' you enter the segment before going through the gate you get a rubbish time, after and it's presentable, the location would only have to be out by 2 foot to make a 20 second difference on the time an maybe that is what you are seeing.
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Not strictly riding related, but was looking at the details of a running race (well, technically a cancelled race, but we ran the course anyway). I did last year on strava, and comparing it to a young lad who ran with me for the first 10 miles or so.

If you watch the "flyby" view on strava with me and him selected, you can see that we were bang on side by side for the first 10 miles. http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#242734342?c=gcqnbsmh&z=E&t=1KkvdF&a=BtV3DjZPTA8 (Matt & Richard)

But if you look at the mile splits in his tracking vs mine you'll see a huge difference.

e.g. Me Him
    Mile 1 7:06 6:51
    Mile 2 7:02 6:41
    Mile 3 7:00 6:16
    Mile 4 6:55 6:33
    Mile 5 7:11 6:42
    Mile 6 7:00 7:02

GPS data is fraught with potential errors, whether it is on Strava or elsewhere.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)