Tubus front rack and Genesis CdF 30

MiniMalts
MiniMalts Posts: 266
edited December 2015 in Road beginners
I bought a Tubua Tara Low Rider front rack as it's the same rack Genesis fit to the TdF.

My CdF is the 2015 with the carbon fork and has the mounting holes for a rack, but when I fit it, the top rails, that the bags hook on to aren't level.

Why put holes for racks if they aren't going to put them in the same position as on the TdF bikes? :?

Comments

• dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    I bought a Tubua Tara Low Rider front rack as it's the same rack Genesis fit to the TdF.

My CdF is the 2015 with the carbon fork and has the mounting holes for a rack, but when I fit it, the top rails, that the bags hook on to aren't level.

Why put holes for racks if they aren't going to put them in the same position as on the TdF bikes? :?

You would have to ask Genesis that question.

Tubus Tara Specifications . . .

"Please note that bicycle manufactures don't all place their mid-fork braze-on rack fittings in exactly the same relationship to the lower fork-tip eyelets, and there are variations in bike design, fork angle, and fork rake etc. This means that even with the Tara's built in adjustments, you may not be able to get your rack top rails perfectly level. Don't worry. Your packs will stay mounted securely even if your rack is not level.
    •The Tara has 10mm diameter tubular chromoly top rails. The lower tubes are 14mm in diameter.
    •PLEASE NOTE! The threaded fittings and small aluminum tabs shown attached to the bottom of the Tara rack are no longer included with the Tara rack."

http://www.thetouringstore.com/TUBUS/Tara/TARA%20PAGE.htm