TRP CX9 brake bolt

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
edited December 2015 in Workshop
If you see this image of a TRP CX9 brake, like mine [/url]http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2010/09/IB2010_TRP21.JPG[/url] you will the large bolt top right to move the cable to adjust. My rear brake, this particular bolt is worn its thread and my 5mm allen key just slips. Does anyone know the type of Bolt required, rather than replacing the whole rear break or brake set!!!! The actual thread end that is screwed into the brake looks to be an odd size.I can take a photo of the front one if needed.

Comments

• bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    I would say any cap head bolt with the correct thread and length would do the job. Take the old one out (use grips if you have to), pop along to your LBS, they are bound to have something suitable.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • canoas
    canoas Posts: 307
    I would say any cap head bolt with the correct thread and length would do the job. Take the old one out (use grips if you have to), pop along to your LBS, they are bound to have something suitable.

Thanks...I'm taking my commuter bike in for a yearly service @Condor Cycles London in a week...if that's the case I'm sure they'll have a spare.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Standard metric screws - even if the thread is damaged, it can probably be helicoiled
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..