Nukeproof Mega TR 275 - Newb First Bike Build

skinz1990
skinz1990 Posts: 25
edited January 2016 in Your mountain bikes
Hi guys,

New to the forum and newish to mountain biking. Been on and off for a few years on my first "decent-ish" mountain bike - A 2009 carrera fury.

now ive taken the plunge in the recent black friday sales and got myself some bits and bobs to build my first REAL BIKE. My new Nukeproof Mega TR 275.

Here she is... (no idea if the bloody images will upload properly but im sure il sort it eventually!)

SPEC -

Nukeproof Mega TR 275 Frame 2014
Rockshox Monarch RT3
Rockshox Revelation XX forks 150mm
Hope Hoops Enduro Tech with Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs
Funn bar, grips and funnduro stem 45mm
Hope Headset
SLX brakes
KS Dropper post - Nearly new bought off a pal for 40 quid! (Not fitted on picture)
Charge Spoon Saddle (Not fitted on picture)

Just waiting on CRC getting all the bits in stock I need for the new 1 x 11 Shimano XT M8000 groupset (i spec B)

Haven't decided on pedals. Got some Shimano Saint pedals but like the look of chrome/gold DMR V12's - any recommendations???

hl7NgkM0j
p8Wx5gi5j
paeCBXm2j

Comments

• Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    Good, now you need a droper and some rough stuff to run over :mrgreen:
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Looking good. I had one of these, great bike apart from the awful rear shock. Well worth getting the Debonair upgrade to get your shock working better.
  • Looking good. As for pedals, V12s over Saints any day. Saints receive a lot of hype, but the platform is too small IMHO. I've been on V12s since May and haven't lost a foot yet
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • DMR V12 are the worst pedal I've ever ridden small platform that makes my feet ache after 5 minutes, with awful bearings and to thick apedal.

Saints are good if you remove the spacers off the pins. actually favourite pedal at the moment is the superstar nano...
  • rockmonkeysc
    I would also prefer Saints to V12. The DMR vaults are good.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    I think he's talking about the new v12 pedals guys, which are basically cheap vaults and are much improved over the old ones. Bigger platforms than the saints.
  • Thanks for the reply guys.

I have a dropper post fitted now - I got a Kind Shock of a friend nearly new for 40 quid which i was rather chuffed at - cant beat a bargain. You guys might be able help me find out which ks dropper model it is. He told me it was an e-ten. But from what i have read/seen online the e-ten only has 100mm drop, a single bolt clamp and has black coating on the shaft. Mine has 125mm drop, a double bolt saddle clamp and a silvery/goldish colour shaft. Ive looked at various ks dropper post models and cant see which mine is. Its not a lev as the remote attaches in a totally different place.on the lower shaft it says supernatural remote but doesnt mention the exact model type. I will post some pics later and show you what it looks like.

With regards pedals i fancied these -

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/dmr/v12-pedals-9-16-inch-pedals-ec005308?country=GB&currency=GBP&esvt=44588-GOUKE1148522&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-586224-1&esvcrea=85157037416&esvplace=&esvd=m&esvaid=50080&gclid=CjwKEAiAkb-zBRC2upezwuyguQ4SJADZG08vebBVVeb2GvlfPfvzM_NQkSBfv0acf1n18vTiTahckxoCLZTw_wcB

Really like the look of chrome/gold even though it probably doesnt even match the bikes colour scheme. Are these the newer/better model someone mentioned?

And what is the debonair add on i can get for my monarch rear shock? What difference does it make and is it workth it? Any kne got a link to a website selling them?
  • Those are the ones people are taking issue with; the old ones which were a more expensive V8. The newer, wider, slimmer ones are more of a cheaper alternative to the Vault, as previously mentioned. The ones you linked are small platform, very thick and not grippy; really dislike them. Your Saints will be superior.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dmr-v12-flat-pedals/rp-prod118165
    These are the newer (Vault copy) V12s and they are superb. Cheaper too, somehow....
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • Although if the Saints are working well for you, there's little reason to drop another £40 on something you may not like
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • rockmonkeysc
    The debonair upgrade is basically a larger volume air can, a bit more complicated than that but thats basically it.
    It gives a more progressive spring rate so you get more sensitivity in the top if the stroke with less chance of bottoming.
  • Will just stick with the saints for now then, just cant resist buying new stuff! Damn you chain reaction cycles!!!

Where can I get one of these Debonair sleeves then and how much are they and most of all how easy are they to fit and setup? never took any suspension to bits before!
  • rockmonkeysc
    TF Tuned sell them for about £70ish. It's very simple to fit
  • Pwalo
    Pwalo Posts: 6
    Hiya, I have had dmr v8 and v12s and both are good but currently have saints on both my bikes and can honestly say they are amazingly good in all respects, strong as hell as well. Even after a pedal striking a boulder that took out by xt crank threads, split my crash helmet and smashed me up a bit the Saint pedal responsible was bruised but straight as a die and smooth as hell. I run mine with the spacer washers out and AM41 shoes and honestly never give them a second though which usually means they are worth their salt. I'm a size eight foot but bigfoots might need something broader. Nukeproof looks great btw.