Friday Body dysmorphia fun - Global BMI lookup

2»

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,506
    You're most like someone from Somalia
    Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 22,809,629 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population
  • earth
    earth Posts: 934
    Mauritania, and falling.
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Malaysia. Apparently, at my fit weight, Togo. So my ambition for spring is to become Toganese. Would wearing one help, I wonder?
  • BMI 23 & most like someone from Singapore! Thought i was unique!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Afghanistan. BMI of 21.
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    edited December 2015
    I'm taking a break in Malawi at the moment, but should be back in Papua New Guinea by April when the Spring training is done and I stop drinking like someone from Portugal :)
  • Myanmar @ 24

Where the hell is Myanmar ?
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Myanmar @ 24

Where the hell is Myanmar ?

Formerly known as Burma.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Apparently I'm like someone from France. Ironically, I intend to do Ventoux this year and hope to be nearer Eritrean by the time I get to...erm...France.
    I am in fact Scottish so having a BMI in the 20s probably qualifies me for something in the New Year's Honours list.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • 27 - You're most like someone from United States

not something you ever want to hear!
    :cry:
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    27 - You're most like someone from United States

not something you ever want to hear!
    :cry:

I'm amazed that the US is so low - they're probably using the imperial BMI system. :wink:
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Eritrea......... But I'm aspiring to be Bangladeshi before Ventoux next July :D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Exactly the same as the initial poster.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,449
    22 and apparently i'm from the Congo. Which is wrong because I am from Kenya and now I am confused.

How did they work out that:

"If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 15,215,114 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population".

Wouldn't that mean a lot of Green house gasses and carbon being released into the atmosphere? So does that mean that if the world became seriously obese, it would constitute some form of carbon capture?
    Maybe they could hire bus loads to breathe in the air around coal fired power station chimney's...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    22 and apparently i'm from the Congo. Which is wrong because I am from Kenya and now I am confused.

"If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 15,215,114 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population".

Wouldn't that mean a lot of Green house gasses and carbon being released into the atmosphere? So does that mean that if the world became seriously obese, it would constitute some form of carbon capture?
    Maybe they could hire bus loads to breathe in the air around coal fired power station chimney's...

maybe it's all that umbongo you drink?

I think one slight problem in your plan is that people don't breathe in CO2, so they would actually make things worse. Less fatties means less food which would also mean less emissions. So which ever way you look at it the obese are to blame for everything!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,449

I think one slight problem in your plan is that people don't breathe in CO2, so they would actually make things worse. Less fatties means less food which would also mean less emissions. So which ever way you look at it the obese are to blame for everything!

Not Wiggle?

When the largesses keel over and die in great numbers, it will have a huge environmental impact.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913

Not Wiggle?

When the largesses keel over and die in great numbers, it will have a huge environmental impact.

It'll be fine

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/12/london-buses-will-run-on-waste-meat-and-animal-fats-next-year/
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • bmi of 26

Jagshemash! My name a Flint. I like you. I like sex, it's nice. These are my country of a Kazakhstan.
  • BMI: 21 and most like someone from Burkina Faso