edited December 2015 in The cake stop
:shock: :lol:

Tim-price.jpg

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,789
    Hello Tim. How's your boiler?

That wasn't hard at all.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Think he added an "e" and missed a "k" off the end!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,789
    On a serious note, a silent function for unknown numbers works a treat.
    They can leave a message if it is important.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I just don't answer the phone if the callers name doesn't come up.

I love people who do this this.

Ages ago, I wanted to buy something from the classifieds (can't remember offhand what it was), so I called the guys number. No answer.

Left it a while, called again. No answer.

Called again - no answer.

Oh well I thought, he may be away, so I'll drop him a text so he can pick it up when he gets back - "just interested in the whatever" I said "no answer on your 'phone - can you call me when you get a chance"

He called straight away: "oh" he grunted "didn't recognize your number so I didn't answer the phone"
    "But aren't you advertising something in the public domain so you may get people you don't know calling you?"
    "Oh, err, yeah, never thought of that" he said.

F'tards.

I hope that no one who Cyd doesn't know tries to call him - hospitals, friends with new numbers, work place, the national lottery, etc........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Ages ago, I wanted to buy something from the classifieds (can't remember offhand what it was), so I called the guys number. No answer.

Oh well I thought, he may be away, so I'll drop him a text so he can pick it up when he gets back - "just interested in the whatever" I said "no answer on your 'phone - can you call me when you get a chance"

He called straight away: "oh" he grunted "didn't recognize your number so I didn't answer the phone"
    "But aren't you advertising something in the public domain so you may get people you don't know calling you?"

F'tards.

I hope that no one who Cyd doesn't know tries to call him - hospitals, friends with new numbers, work place, the national lottery, etc.....

Perhaps he could listen to the answerphone message and have the pleasure of replaying, "Cyd, you've just won 20 million quid you lucky bastard" every time he feels like it. :lol:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I got a lot of calls from my mobile phone supplier, I just ignored them, eventually for some peace I answered it, they wanted to give me a permanent five euro reduction on my monthly internet bill and apologized that they were unable to do this sooner!

I then got calls on a pasyg mobile which I have for emergencies and they wanted to reduce the calls from 35 cents to 8 cents but needed my permission!

I may start taking their calls in future :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

F'tards.

I hope that no one who Cyd doesn't know tries to call him - hospitals, friends with new numbers, work place, the national lottery, etc.....

Perhaps he could listen to the answerphone message and have the pleasure of replaying, "Cyd, you've just won 20 million quid you lucky bastard" every time he feels like it. :lol:

If I won £20 mio do you honestly think I would be listening to old telephone messages from my Monaco penthouse?

No, I'd be on here even more than I am posting piccies of TDLO and me on our yacht with out plethora of bicycles throwing stones at crawping scrounging bank relationship managers trying to get our business.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368

F'tards.

I hope that no one who Cyd doesn't know tries to call him - hospitals, friends with new numbers, work place, the national lottery, etc........

my BT8500 phone gives those people the option to leave a message if they want,and since I still get the occasional wrong number doing so it clearly doesnt deter real people, as for the rest they can buzby off, its bliss, my phone hardly rings at all anymore :)
  • Just ask them what they're wearing in the correct tone. Works a treat.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    I have anonymous caller rejection on my phone so those who have something to hide don't get through, but that only works for phone calls from a UK number, calls from outside the UK don't display their number so I just let those go to answer phone. Once when I phone the answerphone service to see what the recorded message was and it was a recording of a computerised message saying press 1 for (something which I can't remember).