Donald J. Trump

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited May 2016 in The cake stop
What a tool....
He's so simple he talks about himself in the 3rd person.

nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg

trump12-1646d5a063e120563d971efd3ab5c967ac3ac8bd-s900-c85.jpg

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,740
    Arse.
    As discussed elsewhere in this forum.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yeah but he is shaking the tree up and maybe that ain't such a bad thing. Over here, our politicians won't say "Boo" to a goose for fear that the goose might be offended in some way...or someone else will be offended on behalf of the goose.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    it looks like someone has been injecting his face with goose fat.

yes he's right though straight talk

all this Muslim business - we need to sort it out

simple as :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Presidential material, right enough :roll:

For those old enough to remember, Alf Garnett was a parody.

Where as this xxxxxr...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The most powerful country in the world, 300m people and it could come to a choice of Trump or Hillary Clinton. Wtf??
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Mind you, Trump was endorsed by VTech, so that must count for something.
  • Mind you, Trump was endorsed by VTech, so that must count for something.
    The man is a "nut job"...........................and so is Trump. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • orraloon
    Oi, you leave VTech alone. At least he doesn't wear a syrup.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I m with Stewart Lee on This!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWFCin1olfw

You have to remember the demographic he's appealing to.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862

How do we know?
  • What a tool....
    He's so simple he talks about himself in the 3rd person.

nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg

trump12-1646d5a063e120563d971efd3ab5c967ac3ac8bd-s900-c85.jpg

Hey, I like my tools - don't insult my Reed and Prince!
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations
  • The most powerful country in the world, 300m people and it could come to a choice of Trump or Hillary Clinton. Wtf??

Don't bet on it. Trump will not get the Republican nomination.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,740
    The most powerful country in the world, 300m people and it could come to a choice of Trump or Hillary Clinton. Wtf??

Who would have bet on Ronnie Reagan?
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • orraloon

How do we know?

He posted photos of his car(s) and self. If I remember correctly: Say it loud, I'm slaphead and proud.
  • The most powerful country in the world, 300m people and it could come to a choice of Trump or Hillary Clinton. Wtf??

Who would have bet on Ronnie Reagan?
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

You have a good perspective, but Trump can't win; he's a plasticine public figurine. Watch him melt away over the next few months.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I don't actually wear a wig but if i thought i could get away with it i may have tried ?

Anyway, truth is, Trump has played a blinder, he has said what many people think and it has gained him hugely in the opinion poles.
    It is similar to the way labour would talk about benefits in order to gain seats in many northern areas when the truth was that they knew these payments were unsustainable but people lap it up.
    Trump is not anti muslim, he has simply used it for political gain.

My earlier comments were based on a purely business sense in that I truly believe that a country needs to be run like a business because to all purpose, it is.
    You have money coming in, money going out and you need to balance the books.
    Living MY dream.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    I think you all underestimate Trump and the American electorate. You are looking at the next President of the good ole USA whether we agree with him over here or not. What's more it is probably none of our business.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I think you all underestimate Trump and the American electorate. You are looking at the next President of the good ole USA whether we agree with him over here or not. What's more it is probably none of our business.

Nah, he's a double agent for the democrats, he's too close to the Clintons, its a set up to destroy the republican party from within. Too weird how he has been a pro-choice democrat in the past to go to ultra conservative now, something very fishy about the whole thing. Even Republican commentators think Trumps best buddy Bill Clinton urged him to throw his hat in the political ring.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    The online petition seeking a ban is puerile and pointless...

But no matter.

I think that Trump will start to fade (as a candidate) in the next fortnight and will not be resurrected politically thereafter - other than among a barmy fringe.

Nonetheless, he has done much damage and his pronouncements have legitimised - in the minds of the cracked - a sort of divisive, xenophobic, sneering disdain for 'the other' that will leave an ugly taste for some time.

But as a political force his goose is cooked as far as I can see.

Unless his aim was (most unlikely) to break the GOP.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Even the Israelis have spoken out against him. His aspirations are up in smoke.
  • wiznaeme
    wiznaeme Posts: 238
    I think that Trump funded Hillary, his 'main' opponent, to become a left wing Senator, at a time when he was speaking in more moderate tones. Journalists are commenting that when Democrats do something stupid Trump makes another outrageous comment the next day and there are no column inches available to point out Democrat failures.
    He is ruining the Republican vote just the same as has happened in France this week to the extreme right wing and, it could be argued, in the UK general election when election posters showing Ed Miliband in Alex Salmond's pocket were used to good effect to sway the public away from one party. It works in both directions.
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane Posts: 233
    Moontrane wrote:

No way, no how did I see this coming. I should eat a shoe. :oops:
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    cruz has pulled out. Trump has a huge lead now he will be the republicans nomination. watch him now start to moderate his language. He will still be a populalist but have you heard him mention the wall lately, of course you have not that idea is being quietly dropped.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Trump the next President of USA. Who'd have thought it.
    Clinton won't succeed Obama as she has dithered over foreign policy in the past and the US public are wanting someone decisive and someone that will talk the talk and walk the walk. I think this has been Trump's attraction.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    All the polls I've seen suggest Trump will be the most unpopular Presidential candidate for decades and it shows how out of touch the Republican Party are with such a disconnect with their electorate and grassroots members hat Trump finds a resonance within their party.

Trump is heading for oblivion and the Republican Party are following him over the edge.

Hilary is a shoe in only on the basis that Trump has effectively alienated half of America.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • orraloon
    Moontrane wrote:
    Moontrane wrote:

No way, no how did I see this coming. I should eat a shoe. :oops:

After you finish your shoe :shock: what's your next prediction? Just so I know how to place my bets :wink:

Now, how could a candidate who appeals to thick white folks get elected? Alienate Hispanics, Afro-Americans, women, muslims, pretty much any minority, anyone with a brain, or even 1/2 a brain.... How many good ole boy redneck numpties are there?
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    A current affairs programme I watched/heard had a talking head who said that Obama's regime has been in negotiations with Mexico over a wall/fence. Apparently the Mexicans are not against funding it. Well according to this talking head, I think on radio 4 but I can't remember. There was a reason it was also in the interests of Mexico but can't remember the details.

Another thing I've heard is that Trump is actually intelligent. He surrounds himself with intelligent people. Clinton did that but he was known for having very intelligent people around him but he was the most intelligent there. He has a game plan that starts with making headline grabbing and right-wing comments designed to claim the column inches and news leaders on the network news. Gain popularity and win primaries. Eventually his plan means he becomes more business like and mainstream. His comments tone down and he enters the mainstream.

The thing is he's presented himself as a tool. He's not an idiot. He has made, lost and made fortunes. He's got the republican nomination, let's face it he's going to be president or runner up. I expect that he'll tone it down and start to appeal to the centre and even the right of the democrat parties. America is like a lot of western countries, appeal to the centre gets you the popularity to win.

If you add the fact Clinton is unpopular, she's messed up and there's an investigation into whether she's been a security risk.

There's no certainties with this presidential race. Trump isn't completely destroying tree GOP. He's shaken it up. Republican intelligentsia has had a fit over him leading the nomination. They're the losers. They're spitting their dummy out and saying he's destroyed the party.

IMHO whatever happens we're up against two potential presidents who aren't worth much. That is worrying, a dearth of good candidates. We're in the same boat here I think.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,606
    Appreciate people are sceptical of polls but Hilary leads vs Trump by over 13%.

That's ENORMOUS.

And as for Mexicans and the wall... https://youtu.be/x4OwJOVi0ec
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    YouTube clip of a former Mexican president. So that's policy of his successor too? The current incumbent is half way through his 6 year term. That's a single term since no former president is allowed to stand again, even if just a caretaker president.

The YouTube video is of a has-been possibly with influence but not power. IIRC the comment I heard had its origins in the US state department where it's being discussed with Mexico counterparts. Doubt it will happen as trump describes it but there may end up with something more than what's there. I mean who would have thought there'd be fences on the borders of EU countries to block migration within the EU territories? Don't rule it out in some form.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    orraloon wrote:

Now, how could a candidate who appeals to thick white folks get elected? Alienate Hispanics, Afro-Americans, women, muslims, pretty much any minority, anyone with a brain, or even 1/2 a brain.... How many good ole boy redneck numpties are there?

Lots on the Republican primary side but much smaller proportion of the general electorate:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36203799

More women than men vote in Presidential/general elections but Republican candidates can get nominated without appealing to them. Latino and African Americans they are a significant chunk of the electorate and Trump doesn't have them on side. Add to this that Trump isn't an obvious pick for right wing Evangelical side of the church either and that removes a big organised bloc that previous Republican's have relied on for victory - notably George W. Bush.

Getting elected will just be the beginning. Getting any sort of budget or bill through a House where both sides hate him is going to be an even bigger battle.