Cannondale supersix evo 63cm or 60cm?

Rigga
Rigga Posts: 939
edited September 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi I'm fancying the 2015 cannondale supersix evo ultegra but at 6ft 5 with 36ins legs I'm not sure whether to go for the 63cm or 60cm? Could I just get the 60cm with a longer stem or will it still be too small? Annoyingly the 63cm is £200 dearer at Evans compared to the 60cm.

Are there any tall supersix evo riders out there that can guide me? Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,804
    I'm 6'4" with a 35" inside leg. I recently hired a 60cm Supersix Evo for a few days and I would say the sizing was spot on. I didn't have too much seat post showing and the reach was just right. I would think that a 63cm would be enourmous and certainly far too big for me.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I'm 6'4" with a 35" inside leg. I recently hired a 60cm Supersix Evo for a few days and I would say the sizing was spot on. I didn't have too much seat post showing and the reach was just right. I would think that a 63cm would be enourmous and certainly far too big for me.

Same inside leg and similar height and ride a 60cm SuperSix. Sizing is great.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • wahla21
    wahla21 Posts: 96
    Not sure if you've bought it already but I'm the exact same measurements as you and I tried a 60cm at the weekend. Although fine I was kind of leaning over the bars a bit too much. So, the 63cm would be better due to a taller head tube but actually slightly less reach.

So, I'm ordering the 63cm one.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    It is a racing bike, at 6' 4" you are at the limit for a 60cm, I prefer to ride a smaller frame. The reach is bigger on the 63cm, it is up to you of course, whatever you feel comfortable with :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • I am 6’3” with a 39 inch inseam. I had to go for the 63cm frame and use a shorter stem. Lovely bike and great fit for me...
  • Holy thread resurrection for a first post....