Peak District Routes?

Robin Banks
Robin Banks Posts: 2
edited February 2016 in Routes
Hi guys,

New here, the name's Mark.

After a few years out of the saddle, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things with my girlfriend. I've got tomorrow off work and was hoping to get some riding in.

I'm not far from the Peak District and wondered if anybody had any suggestions for trails we could try out. Something moderate, nothing extreme, but more than just roads and flat trails. Does anybody have any advice where we could find some trails? And maybe download a GPX file and/or map?

Thanks.

Comments

• One of my favorite areas on this earth!

Did a 50m charity ride for breast cancer uk last year (Peak District challenge maybe?).

The route was mainly roads (stupidly did it on a heavy mtb!) but it will take you from village to village with plenty of good off-road trails around Wetton, dovedale, Bakewell, Ashbourne, Tissington, manifold valley, Buxton etc... Well worth a long weekend.

If you find anything specific pls let me know.
  • JodyP
    JodyP Posts: 193
    Which side of the peak district? There are lots of routes to choose from depending on your skill, fitness levels, time available etc. It's no good for tomorrow but these books have some great routes if you're not familiar with the area

https://wordery.com/peak-district-mount ... 0wodLwcEkA