Stormy Desmond.

Clockworkmark31
Clockworkmark31 Posts: 1,053
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings,

Windy one on the commute back. Had a stare down with a big fox on the way back to liven things up. He got his way and I moved over.

Have a blustery one if your out there today.

And the Christmas songs have finally started at work :(

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Is this the daily thread?

I went out in the wind yesterday and hell going out bit literally flew home - great fun

Today is a family meal out in Bridgnorth - to ensure I play nice they wife has told me to cycle there and back :) it was meant to be clear of the storm by then but looking at the weather I'm going to catch the tail end

Later will be the pub while we try to understand the lunacy of the sister & brother in law
  • Is this the daily thread?

Well I am awake so thought I would kick it off.

Had the wind against me in both directions, was hoping for a tail wind coming back.

I would say you can play nicer if you are cycling back :evil:
  • It doesn't even say the day in the title!? Fail OP, Fail.

Morning Losers!

For a change, it's raining in Bury. This morning I'm over to Rochdale to watch some football. We'd better win, as I cba putting up with a disgruntled aunt that's coming with me.

This afternoon I might practise some organ before usual shenanigans recommence.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Bit blowy here, thought the scaffold opposite was going to take off. Going to watch the boy playing rugby later and over to my folks to help with some stuff.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • It doesn't even say the day in the title!? Fail!

Must be an unwritten rule, but I thought the reference to the current climate as the first post of the day.

Yep I failed by your standards.
  • It doesn't even say the day in the title!? Fail OP, Fail.

Morning Losers!

For a change, it's raining in Bury. This morning I'm over to Rochdale to watch some football. We'd better win, as I cba putting up with a disgruntled aunt that's coming with me.

This afternoon I might practise some organ before usual shenanigans recommence.

Laters!

Have I missed the space where you mentioned the day?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Today is a family meal out in Bridgnorth - to ensure I play nice they wife has told me to cycle there and back :) it was meant to be clear of the storm by then but looking at the weather I'm going to catch the tail end

Later will be the pub while we try to understand the lunacy of the sister & brother in law
    I hope the in laws like sweaty lunch guests.

Lots of jobs done, junk taken to the dump, free coffee supped and Waitrose girls ogled. Hound has been taken for an energetic walk and is now knackered. Will get my gear for BPW sorted later on. But for now its leftovers...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • [quote="Clockworkmark31

Have I missed the space where you mentioned the day?[/quote]
    I shouldn't need to. That's OP's job :P

Bury won 1-0, though it was a bit scrappy. Having just seen the highlights on the BBC, we could have scored 2 more according to the commentators!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    afternoon,

rubbish ride today Desmond seems to have felled a fair few trees down the woods along with some super sticky ground. a mile in my front mech got that clogged with mud it stopped shifting an my mate fell into a rather deep puddle which stunk. I generously refused to get in an help him out of course called it quits an came home at that point.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    S'up weird uns!

Down to Geneva early this morning for a drop off, vans cleaned and now getting ready for the evening dinner service, but currently having beer and a chill out! Les Gets needs snow so get some of that flood water frozen and ship it over so i can strap on the planks!

In other news i got banned from the 'Fry Up Police' on Farkbook! Apology selfie being worked on!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    What farking day is it? Bloody amateurs, coming in here, screwing things up, bloody disgrace it is.

Evening creeps,

Counting down the final 3 weeks in Nottingham, can't wait to get out riding properly again. Absolute ballache finding a house - all the estate agents thought I was mental needing a bedroom just to put the 5 bikes in. Perfectly normal behaviour that.

Laters
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Two mile long straight, a good tail wind and 307bhp. Never driven a car that fast before :shock:
    I didn't realise I had a top speed limiter!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    In other news i got banned from the 'Fry Up Police' on Farkbook! Apology selfie being worked on!
    How, why, what?
    Don't care what day it is. I didn't go to work so it's a good day.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

Lots of jobs done, junk taken to the dump, free coffee supped and Waitrose girls ogled. Hound has been taken for an energetic walk and is now knackered. Will get my gear for BPW sorted later on. But for now its leftovers...

My sparkling wit compensates for the smell
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    How, why, what?
    Don't care what day it is. I didn't go to work so it's a good day.

Posted a picture of an eggs benedict breakfast that contravened a few rules, then my brother commented on the photo and got the boot as well, need to sort an apology selfie!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162

My sparkling wit compensates for the smell
    Oh dear :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]