carbon o/size seat rails and seat post clamp

johnnymcg259
johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
edited December 2015 in Workshop
I currently have a shimano pro vibe carbon seat post (with o/size clamps to accept carbon rails) fitted with a selle Italia carbonio saddle (carbon rails) on the 'best bike'.
I've just bought a fizik antares with carbon rails and have wasted all morning trying to get the new saddle onto the seat post clamp! :oops: :evil: .......without success...... :cry:

even though I have the official pro vibe o/size clamps for carbon saddle rails, the thing just won't bl**dy sit flush/square to get the bolts/clamps/screws to close and tighten.

I think the antares rails might be bigger in diameter than the sell italia (by a nats I presume!); is that right and could be the issue?

Help :idea:

Comments

• just checked manufacturers sites and both saddles are officially 7x9mm carbon rail sizes? I just don't get it!
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223
    just checked manufacturers sites and both saddles are officially 7x9mm carbon rail sizes? I just don't get it!

Manufacturing tolerances?, send/take the Fizik saddle back and try another one or buy another clamp and see if they marry up.
  • the saddle rails on the fizik are set wider apart than on the selle italia, not by much..... but by enough to make a difference to my clamp and bolts!
    Getting anther seat post aint gonna happen.....I'm a tart and like my bars, stem, seat post all from the same manufacturer/stable i.e. Shimano Pro.
    Gonna try and recover the cost on the saddle by selling it (can't find the receipt!)........ho hum. :(