Wahoo Kickr - 135mm axle with 130mm spacing

mac-mac
mac-mac Posts: 3
edited December 2015 in Workshop
Hi :)

I recently bought a wahoo kickr to get me through the winter. I have an issue though, as I ride a 2015 Spec Roubaix disc, which I believe has a 135mm axle but keeps the 130mm cassette spacing placement? Anyway, this means when I put the bike on the kickr (135mm), the gears are out of whack. Does anyone have any idea how I could get around this?

Gears are Ultegra Di2 if that matters :?

Comments

• I'm not sure I understand. I'd have thought the positioning of the cassette relative to RD remains constant. In any case, I'd have thought it's just a matter of adjusting the RD limits and trimming the RD to get it back again.

I have the Tacx Neo which also accommodates 135 spacing but that's just a different spacer on the non-drive side.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Sorry, I should have been clearer - the problem is with the SCS system specialized have created with their rear disc hubs, which moves the cassette in 2.5mm from where they sit on standard 135mm hubs. I use the bike daily on and off the trainer, so would sooner not have to calibrate twice a day if poss!
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Apparently if you want to use non SCS wheels you can change the derailleur hangar to a non-special one, which would fill the gap

Or have the freehub on the kicker machined down
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Im having the same problem with my Kickr 2018, I have a 2016 SCS 135 QR Disc and a 2016 SCS 135 Thur Axle Disc S-Works. The QR bike will work on on my kickr but in have to adjust the gears every time i swap between road wheels and the turbo, My S-Works will not fit whats so ever.
    This isn’t an issue in the summer as I use my S-works on the road and my QR set up on the kickr, it’s mainly a problem in the winter. I use my QR as a winter bike and its mega annoying having to reset the gears every time.
    Has anyone found a fix for ether the 2.5mm difference between SCS spacing and 135 alignment and or the 135 thru axle issue?