Called off AGAIN Saturday

city_boy
city_boy Posts: 1,616
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
So, sixth Saturday on the trot that son's footy is cancelled due to the crappy weather and even crappier council football pitches :|

Off to procure a Christmas tree this morning (first 'real' one for few years) and then lunch and watching the only team from Manchester on TV :)

That's if I can get through the traffic caused by the road closure, in turn caused by the sink hole that appeared yesterday on the main road though our town yesterday :cry:
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Highlights of the Salford game then?

Blowing a hooley here, would ahve to be tika taka football, but I'd be annoyed if I was your kid. Hated cancelled games in any sport.

Another sink hole? how many is that now.

Off to the bike shop see if those forks can be sorted, need to wait for the booze to be out the system though. Then a pub lunch, may copy you and get a tree too
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • city_boy
    Highlights of the Salford game then?

Blowing a hooley here, would ahve to be tika taka football, but I'd be annoyed if I was your kid. Hated cancelled games in any sport.

Funnily enough the team he plays for is a Tiki Taka Academy!
    But the short quick passing game isn't so easy in wellies :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,540
    Off to procure a Christmas tree this morning (first 'real' one for few years) and then lunch and watching the only team from Manchester on TV :)
    Surely a plastic one would be more appropriate? Anyway, do you reckon they will beat West Ham? :wink:

Going for an eye test this morning. That's after cleaning up on account of the hound throwing up his breakfast and then carrying on like nothing had happened.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Morning

I don't like this Douglas chap, he can farq right off.

Bah, both toots are crook too.
    Visiting cat decided to jump up the wall and wreck one of the cheesy porcelain faces hanging up, so i'll have to fix it before the OH gets back from work. I think he did a great job personally but I don't think she will be impressed.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy
    Surely a plastic one would be more appropriate? Anyway, do you reckon they will beat West Ham? :wink:

Just to keep with the festive theme, my response to that would simply be....Ho Ho Ho! :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Decent head wind for an 1.25hrs meant a really fast ride back - happy

Just painted over some damp ready for the buyers inspection in a week, now off to play football with the kids whilst the wife does the Christmas shopping.

Later is some Christmas fare and the pub
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Been up until 2 with crook N1 child and wasted the last 45 minutes of my life with some child (ie anyone under 25 in my book) who wanted a BMX frame I had for £40 then decided he didn't have the money until after Chrimbles.

FFS, it's two bikes for £40, not a million squids for Montgomery's peccadillo........ If these people don't have the money why advertise saying they want something?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Been up until 2 with crook N1 child and wasted the last 45 minutes of my life with some child (ie anyone under 25 in my book) who wanted a BMX frame I had for £40 then decided he didn't have the money until after Chrimbles.

FFS, it's two bikes for £40, not a million squids for Montgomery's peccadillo........ If these people don't have the money why advertise saying they want something?

So Matthewfalle is not a Charitable organisation? I tell people that myself when they queue up wanting me to fix their bikes.
    Why can't you get him to do some jobs around the place to pay for it?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Yup - MF is very not a charitable organization - fair, even, willing to give anyone a go but not a charity.

Wouldn't let do odds jobs around the place as he's a kid and he would probably Jeff them up and would mean that I have twice as much work to do to sort it all out afterwards.

Oooooh - did that sound bitter? Apologies if it did.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Yup - MF is very not a charitable organization - fair, even, willing to give anyone a go but not a charity.

Wouldn't let do odds jobs around the place as he's a kid and he would probably Jeff them up and would mean that I have twice as much work to do to sort it all out afterwards.

Oooooh - did that sound bitter? Apologies if it did.

Rent boy out of the question ? :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon all,
    Christmas decorations out of the loft and scattered around the house. Bit of dossing done. Put a new bonnet on the Mini, looks great. Not bad for a grand total of £40. Bonnet was returned by a customer saying as damaged, light damage meant it couldn't be sold as new so got 'donated' to the cause. Mate painted it for the cost of the paint. Now have a shiny black bonnet making the rest of the car look bad.