Anyone know this seller? ADVENTURE NORTHUMBERLAND

Comments

• yup, no problems here
  • Ah good to hear.... I ordered something from them... not received.

Just waiting for them to re-send...

Bit suspicious as to whether or not the item was ever sent or not, or if they are just using a dropshipper to deliver for them.
  • They are fine IME - bought a light which I returned as it wasn't right for me. Received and refunded quickly, no problem.
  • Very strange company!

Ordered some bits, and got an email to say they were despatched on the 26th of November. Delivery to be expected by 3rd of December, according to Amazon.

4th of December emailed them and they said they would try and track the item down, even though they were sent untracked.

Didn't hear anymore, so left low rating on their seller page that the item had not arrived. They then left counter feedback to say the item had not been collected from Royal Mail and was being returned to them. (Bear in mind this is an untracked parcel)

I asked them to confirm when the item was to be resent as it had not been delivered.

I also as if they could confirm the number on parcel that Royal Mail stick on for any item not delivered so that I could find out why the item was not delivered. (My partner works at the sorting office, so she would be able to find out why the item had just sat in the delivery unit instead of being delivered) I also know that Royal Mail hold the item for 18 days before returning to sender, so the item, in theory, is still at my partners place of work.... except it definitely isn't, and never was!!

Today I got a short sharp email that the issue with the item was that they were going to resend my order, but as I wasn't happy they were going to refund me instead...

So ADVENTURE NORTHUMBERLAND.... well done on not sending the item.... well done on failing to send the item once it had been flagged up as not received.... well done on the really poo customer service! My money has now gone to Sigma Sport for the exact same item!
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Very strange company!

Ordered some bits, and got an email to say they were despatched on the 26th of November. Delivery to be expected by 3rd of December, according to Amazon.

4th of December emailed them and they said they would try and track the item down, even though they were sent untracked.

Didn't hear anymore, so left low rating on their seller page that the item had not arrived. They then left counter feedback to say the item had not been collected from Royal Mail and was being returned to them. (Bear in mind this is an untracked parcel)

I asked them to confirm when the item was to be resent as it had not been delivered.

I also as if they could confirm the number on parcel that Royal Mail stick on for any item not delivered so that I could find out why the item was not delivered. (My partner works at the sorting office, so she would be able to find out why the item had just sat in the delivery unit instead of being delivered) I also know that Royal Mail hold the item for 18 days before returning to sender, so the item, in theory, is still at my partners place of work.... except it definitely isn't, and never was!!

Today I got a short sharp email that the issue with the item was that they were going to resend my order, but as I wasn't happy they were going to refund me instead...

So ADVENTURE NORTHUMBERLAND.... well done on not sending the item.... well done on failing to send the item once it had been flagged up as not received.... well done on the really poo customer service! My money has now gone to Sigma Sport for the exact same item!

Emailed them on the 4th (a Friday) and received a response to say they were trying to track parcel, then on the 7th (a Monday) you leave bad feedback. Give the company a chance to at least look in to it, no wonder they left counter feedback.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Why leave them poor feedback so soon??? give them chance to sort out the problem, things do go wrong, people do make mistakes. You don't deserve to have the problem sorted with that kind of attitude.

This is the reason I tend to ignore a lot a ratings on the web. Buyers tend to be worse than the sellers.
  • Ok, this is odd. I ordered a freehub from them just over two weeks ago. Nothing arrived so I emailed them and they said they'd sent the item and that they were now chasing RM as it had obviously gone missing! Managed to get my refund back a few days later so it was pretty painless, but it's all sounding a bit suspect now...
  • Very strange company!

Emailed them on the 4th (a Friday) and received a response to say they were trying to track parcel, then on the 7th (a Monday) you leave bad feedback. Give the company a chance to at least look in to it, no wonder they left counter feedback.

Because they said they were going to chase the delivery up and find out where it was. They said it was sent untracked which means it is impossible to 'find' the item with RM. So it was a lie all along. As also said, my partner works at the local sorting office, which is only a very small one and the parcel was definitely not there... basically they were lying, and got caught out.

They said that they were having the item returned to them, but RM only return to sender after 18 days, not before... another lie.

That's why low feedback was left.
  • Why leave them poor feedback so soon??? give them chance to sort out the problem, things do go wrong, people do make mistakes. You don't deserve to have the problem sorted with that kind of attitude.

This is the reason I tend to ignore a lot a ratings on the web. Buyers tend to be worse than the sellers.

Before I left low feedback rating I had asked for a confirmation of when the replacement would be sent and also asked for the information as to the RM return number, of which neither was forth coming. See additional information above...

If they had been dead straight and said there was a genuine mistake and the item was out of stock, or coming from the manufacturer and there was a delay, then I would have no issue, and would have been happy to wait.

Telling me an item was sent untracked on the 26th of November and on the 4th of December they were going to get it back from RM, obviously a standard excuse for them if you read back through their low feedback, is just naughty!
  • Ok, this is odd. I ordered a freehub from them just over two weeks ago. Nothing arrived so I emailed them and they said they'd sent the item and that they were now chasing RM as it had obviously gone missing! Managed to get my refund back a few days later so it was pretty painless, but it's all sounding a bit suspect now...

Some businesses (in other industries) don't generally hold stock, they use a drop shipper so are at the mercy of a third party to deliver to them or the customer. Not sure if this is how these guys work, but a lack of deliveries on their feedback would suggest they either don't have stock, or have very limited resources and poor processes which means orders are being missed somehow.