The Late Friday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I forgot to set my alarm today and overslept! I'll be late for work, however I'm working from home, so BOOM! 8) I should definitely do this more often!

So I didn't go climbing last night, I've lost my mojo with it. Driving to Leeds to climb is a bit rubbish, and it's not cheap either at £6.50 a week.

Today I will be building websites all day (on the worlds SLOWEST web builder!) and then heading over to Bury.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning all,
    Day off today, woohoo! Have to take the girl to the quacks at 10, other than that nothing going on today. Lots I should be doing, just don't know if I'll bother.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I've not managed to climb since October, outside was september (windy day at the Roaches) and I can't say I am missing it, though having 3 ropes and kit hanging around the house unused is getting me ear ache.

I'll work hard today to make up for any other shirkers. The quack should look at your head to find the problem with the girl.

May find time to fix my forks tonight so they a)move and b) when moving don't stick on return.

Enjoy Friday you filthy crudders
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Morning bum lickers.

Today I am mostly pretending to work while waiting for the weekend to arrive..

Oh and enjoying the tears on FB about current events... not that i'm hugely biased to either way it all turned out, its just the way people whine its not representing the peoples view because my social circle doesn't want it. When you see actual opinion polls it is what the people wanted.. left leaners seem to think everyone agrees with them so the comedy responses I see make me chuckle :P

In other news riding in FOD tomorrow!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning mongs

waiting for my next meeting to start at 11. I haven't ridden for a over a week cos I've been stupidly busy. doesn't look like i'll get out this weekend either! but hey, this is the crud where no one actually rides bikes so it's all good :D
  • Oh and enjoying the tears on FB about current events... not that i'm hugely biased to either way it all turned out, its just the way people whine its not representing the peoples view because my social circle doesn't want it. When you see actual opinion polls it is what the people wanted.. left leaners seem to think everyone agrees with them so the comedy responses I see make me chuckle :P
    Exactly this!

The ones I like best are "Damn Tory scum, out with Cameron and off with his head" not realising that it was Labour that seem to have changed their view a lot to make this such a clear victory. So who exactly are they mad at?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • I know its comedy at its best.. being from wales its a strong labour (left wing background) most of my friends don't share my political views. But i'm always gob smacked by how strongly they attack people with differing opinion, and how hard they cry when its not there way! it takes all my inconsiderable will power to not crank the wind up lever!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Afternoon Whingers,

On the way home at last. Feeling horribly unfit after not enough pedalling this week, only marginally offset by having to take the hound out for loads of exercise.

@ Waylander - had lunch with my new VAT manager who starts a week on Monday. Turns out she used to work with you not that long ago in some company with a very Finbarr Saunders name - small world eh. I was thrown a bit when she said you were a really good bloke :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    ... some company with a very Finbarr Saunders name -
    I once went ot an interview for a company called Fister. When asked what I knew abnout the company I said not a lot as I didn't want to put their name into a search engine. Sales director nearly fell off his chair trying not to laugh, MD wasn't impressed. Still got asked back for a second interview which I turned down.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    ... some company with a very Finbarr Saunders name -
    I once went ot an interview for a company called Fister. When asked what I knew abnout the company I said not a lot as I didn't want to put their name into a search engine. Sales director nearly fell off his chair trying not to laugh, MD wasn't impressed. Still got asked back for a second interview which I turned down.
    I'll leave it to Waylander to disclose the name of the company in question if he wants to...I had a comedy search engine incident when doing some research on the dog earlier this year :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]