Paris Roubaix 2016 - where on course to place ourselves

cristoff
cristoff Posts: 229
edited December 2015 in Pro race
Need some help with where to watch the PR this year. Never been, 3 of us going, based ourselves in Ghent and wondered if anyone was familiar with this years route and could advise on somewhere to watch the race. Criteria would be;

Exciting cobbled section
Within easy distance of great place to quaff some quality local beers (with TV coverage?)
easy transport links to Ghent

any advice greatly received, thanks in advance

Comments

• deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    `
    This should be Fun on these cold winter days. ?? :roll:
    `
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Last year I spent it on the corner of Carrefour de l'Arbre. Good atmosphere and decent view of the riders as they come past and do a sharp u-turn to head towards sector 3. There was a screen up so could watch the race before/after it came past. Also a pub/restaurant though I didn't venture inside. Plenty of parking and was easy to slip away afterwards towards Calais... there were loads of drunk Belgians which suggests it was pretty straightforward to get to from that direction as well.
  • Last year I spent it on the corner of Carrefour de l'Arbre. Good atmosphere and decent view of the riders as they come past and do a sharp u-turn to head towards sector 3. There was a screen up so could watch the race before/after it came past. Also a pub/restaurant though I didn't venture inside. Plenty of parking and was easy to slip away afterwards towards Calais... there were loads of drunk Belgians which suggests it was pretty straightforward to get to from that direction as well.

Thats a wide area at P-R, tbf :)
  • Last year I spent it on the corner of Carrefour de l'Arbre. Good atmosphere and decent view of the riders as they come past and do a sharp u-turn to head towards sector 3. There was a screen up so could watch the race before/after it came past. Also a pub/restaurant though I didn't venture inside. Plenty of parking and was easy to slip away afterwards towards Calais... there were loads of drunk Belgians which suggests it was pretty straightforward to get to from that direction as well.

Was also here. Great spot. Rode down Carrefour de l'arbre to the village for bier et frites and then back up to bake in the sun in front of the big screen next to the Belgian kids. Note the restaurant won't be open to general public so take food and drink, or buy it off drunk Belgian kids. Cycled back to Lille afterwards for Eurostar.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Oi, you've nicked my avatar
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.