Books you've read that should be made into a Movie

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited December 2015 in The cake stop
Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C Clarke.
Just finishing this off, which I read as a teenager in the late 70s. With all the new CGI and green screen stuff available, plus a decent screenplay/script adaptation this would make the transition pretty well I think.

Note to Arran.
Whitehouse and Playbirds have already been done.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Harbour by John Ajvide Lindqvist - author of Let The Right One In.
    Anything from the Eagle series by Simon Scarrow would make a good film.
    The Lost Army by Valerio Manfredi.
  • The Brothers K by David James Duncan

Whilst you await the screenplay I can thoroughly recommend you get ahead of the pack and read the book
  • N1TRO
    N1TRO Posts: 103
    George RR Martin's Fevre Dream. People focus so much on The Song of Ice and Fire that it's easy to forget his other stories. Fevre Dream is a cool vampire story with a Deep South steamer ship setting that could work, and the book is surely recommended.

Also read his Tuf Voyaging which is a bit more sci-fi, but the story just isn't there. It's worth it just for the main character's monologues though. :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,596
    Just finishing this off, which I read as a teenager in the late 70s. With all the new CGI and green screen stuff available, plus a decent screenplay/script adaptation this would make the transition pretty well I think.

Note to Arran.
    Whitehouse and Playbirds have already been done.
    I read the book a few years ago - very good story and an intriguing end. Yep, could make a good Sci fi film in the right hands.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Allen/Coggan.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Julien May's "Saga of Pliocene Exile" would be my choice. A lot of books though.

The older I get, the better I was.

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Training and Racing with a Power Meter by Allen/Coggan.

Perhaps I should have added. NOT Cycling related.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368

even before Id read your post, just based on the subject line that was the one book I was going to pick, so I absolutely agree :D

its the perfect length for a 2hr film,doesnt need multi parts to tell it, there are sequels but I wouldnt bother making those, I dont know part of me thinks Hollywood doesnt understand it enough to want to make it as its stuck in development hell for nearly a decade now, yet they make films like Gravity or the Martian, so I dont know.