Just a quick "hello"

Stav_98
Stav_98 Posts: 5
edited December 2015 in MTB beginners
Evenin' all,

Just a quick hello and introduction. I used to ride a semi decent amount in my late teens/early twenties but stopped after being made redundant and ended up working further away from home. Some 18 years later, several stone heavier thanks to spending much of the last 12 months working in the U.S, married, two kids etc etc I've decided it's time to get off my backside and enjoy some of the old past times. If you do the math like me you'll probably work out it's the start of a midlife crisis.

I've a 2007 Trek 6500 which has pretty much sat in the garage for the last 8 and a half years; probably covered less than 100 miles in that time. I grabbed the bike in 2007, the last time I felt inspired (before the wife and kids!) but suffered a string if blood clots (1*DVT and 3*PE) the 8 months after grabbing the new wheels. I'll not be doing anything too energetic as I can't afford injuries due to being on blood thinners. Off to get me a decent helmet and gloves Saturday morning!

Before shopping I'll be taking a stroll through the forums as I'm guessing there's some lubing etc to be carried out to ensure the bike's in full working order. Living in the chilterns I'll be taking a look at Woburn and Rushmere in the not too distant future and taking to the Ridgeway/Ashridge and local bridleways in the meantime.

Cheers,
Stav.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Welcome and enjoy your mid life crisis.

I wish I was still young enough to have one of those.

I bought a couple of motorcycles and a red convertible for mine.

All gone now but the bicycles remain.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Welcome and enjoy your mid life crisis.

I wish I was still young enough to have one of those.

I bought a couple of motorcycles and a red convertible for mine.

All gone now but the bicycles remain.

Ha! Unfortunately the blood issue means I had to give up motorbikes sometime ago but I did enjoy a little two seater convertible over the summer. Unfortunately it didn't go down to well with the wife as apparently "it isn't practical with a 3 and 5 year old". There's just no pleasing some people! I had to replace it with something far more sensible.