M1 Lorry Shunt

BloggingFit
BloggingFit Posts: 919
edited December 2015 in MTB general
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34933345

Shocking driving from the lorry driver but if footage before hand confirms the victim was sitting in the middle lane below the speed limit then I hope he is also educated on lane discipline.
Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL

Comments

• Yeah, bit of an over reaction and heavy handed by the lorry driver, but why do people see the need to just sit in the middle lane. It does my head in.

Motorways are not the most exciting of drives at the best of times but to simply sit in the middle lane and never change lanes apart from entering and exiting can only make it a whole lot worse.
  • brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    Yeah, bit of an over reaction and heavy handed by the lorry driver, but why do people see the need to just sit in the middle lane. It does my head in.

Motorways are not the most exciting of drives at the best of times but to simply sit in the middle lane and never change lanes apart from entering and exiting can only make it a whole lot worse.

One wonders if the lane hogger, was driving around getting in peoples way, in order to get road rage footage to promote his dash cam company ?

Its a general rule of life that if you go around being an arse, sooner or later you will annoy a homicidal maniac
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    ... because everybody knows that potentially homicidal use of 40 tonnes of lorry is an appropriate response to mildly annoying driving :roll:
  • brianbee
    ... because everybody knows that potentially homicidal use of 40 tonnes of lorry is an appropriate response to mildly annoying driving :roll:
    Im not suggesting its appropriate. Just that there are complete loonies who will beat you to death for looking at them '' wrong'' let alone slowing them down on the Mway. The more you go round annoying people, the more likely you will annoy someone who will massively over react and try and badly hurt you
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Lorry driver is clearly a complete nutjob that in an ideal world would never be allowed to drive again. I must say I was surprised at how little damage there was on the car though.
    Annoying as lane hoggers are I've never been tempted to drive into one. Lasers fitted to the front of the car would be good though.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    What a pair of tossers. Even after the lorry hit him he still takes a while to move to the inside lane.
    I usually just pull out from the inside lane, overtake at double their speed and immediately pull straight back to the inside lane.
    Isn't 110mph a minimum on the motorway? Unless of course there's a police car or speed camera.
  • ade555
    ade555 Posts: 216
    I was looking at this video and is heavily edited, first lets get this straight both are tossers, one should get prosecuted for lane hogging the other for dangerous driving, from experience if I hit that car he would not be in that middle lane , footage don't show how long he has been sitting in that middle lane for no reason but if the hgv driver had a bit more brains and he was allready overtaking in 3rd lane anyway should just carry on and chill out a bit but instead tried to intimidated the car driver, car driver is tosser anyway, dash cam company hero looking for a bit fame,

21.36 bloke makes call to police--- blah blah blah I will follow the truck until he's pulled over

car again getting overtaken by HGV so no he didn't follow him instead he was after more bashing and got in front of the truck

What happen to good old days, pull over in to services and sort it out your manner of driving like proper men. :D
  • rockmonkeysc
    Is it illegal for HGVs to use the third lane?
  • ade555
    ade555 Posts: 216
    Is it illegal for HGVs to use the third lane?

Under normal road condition yes
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I blame the car driver, what a tit, should've been sat in the middle lane at a speed the lorry can overtake him. Granted that doesn't make it ok for the lorry driver to act the way he did. Still, no one hurt so not really worth a 999 call never mind 6 of them. What's he expecting? A traffic car to come speeding to his rescue and pull the lorry over? This is like go pro cyclist hero's that chase after drivers like is their place to tell them how to drive.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    I'm not standing up for the actions of the truck driver,but with the car driver being a former special constable he should know better than to goad someone by carrying on like a twunt,but maybe that's why he is a former one,but he is defo special,it's like i have a dash cam and i'm going to use it
  • rockmonkeysc
    There haven't been any special constables for years have there? Didn't PCSO's replace them? And they have less authority than a school dinner lady.
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    There haven't been any special constables for years have there? Didn't PCSO's replace them? And they have less authority than a school dinner lady.

Not overly sure on that,only going on what was reported on the link on the original post
  • rockmonkeysc
    I noticed a lot of middle lane hoggers today, including one doing 40mph on the M4. I pulled out across three lanes to overtake and then pulled back across to the inside lane, mashed the pedal in to the Axminster and f##ked right off.
  • Had someone join a fairly empty mway infront of me last week, they moved straight into the middle lane and sat there at 65mph.

Think I managed to circle them 3 times before they moved over, my record is 5 circles.
  • rockmonkeysc
    That sounds like a fun way to get the message across.
  • brianbee

no they are still going

https://www.policespecials.com/forum/

PCSO have quite a lot of powers, certainly more than a dinnerlady, including requiring you to stop your bicycle
  • rockmonkeysc
    My neighbour is a PCSO and I would do absolutely nothing that ginger c##t tells me to do. I'm sure she's lower ranking than the school lollipop lady.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    So she turned you down then?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.