Help Me Identify This Bike!

LazyLoki
LazyLoki Posts: 127
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
Ok, I'm posting this in the road forum as it's the biggest and therefore most likely to come up with an answer. Also, the bike in question did have drop bars!

I was in a cafe the other night and some guy was just leaving with a bike that I quite liked the look of. I've done a bit of googling but to no avail so I thought it might be worth posting on here to see if anyone is familiar with it.

Anyway, I suppose it would be termed a hybrid and/or urban bike. I'll try to describe it from what I can remember:

- All black
- Drop bars
- Single speed (or possibly hub gearing)
- Single sided axle (maybe not a good way to describe it but both the front fork and rear hub were only single-sided - i.e. there was only one side to the 'fork' at the front.
- Small-ish wheels. Not as small as a Brompton - maybe 20 inch?
- Strange tube set-up. There was a single tube leading from the rear hut to the front with he crank assembly fitted around half-way. From that the seat tube and head tube extended up and it looked as though those could collapse down for storage/transit.

I'm sure to a lot of you this sounds like an utter travesty of a bicycle but I'm in the market for a folding/small bike and it looked pretty nice. It also looked, for want of a better term, quite cool so no doubt it will cost a small fortune.

Grateful if anyone can suggest what it might be, I've tried searching google images based on key words and bring back nothing!

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    edited December 2015
    Sounds like a cannondale hooligan

Edit - Mike burrows city bike. Although I can't find a pic of one with drop bars, I'm sure it was possible...

mike-burrows-1_0.jpg?itok=_AjXseF-
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • LazyLoki
    LazyLoki Posts: 127
    NapoleonD, you are a legend; that is indeed the bike I saw, right down to the Kojak tyres. I'm genuinely impressed that you identified it from my cack description. I only caught a fleeting glimpse of it so maybe it didn't have drops after all although I could have sworn it did.

Sadly it doesn't seem to be on sale anymore, and even sadly-ier I was probably right in anticipating that it wouldn't be cheap!