New to MTB

DominicAguirre
DominicAguirre Posts: 6
edited December 2015 in MTB beginners
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and also new to MTB. I travel a lot due to work and since I travel a lot I haven't really been able to do much. But started to MTB and it has been amazing. It became a plus since I travel a lot that I am able to see and ride in so many places. When I am riding I feel like nothing else matters its just me the bike and the mountain.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Welcome.

I travel a lot but get my cycling fix from hire bikes and joining local rides (ask at the shop!). Did a nice 80mile ride at the weekend that way, great guys, had fun, road a bike, what else do you need!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum and also new to MTB. I travel a lot due to work and since I travel a lot I haven't really been able to do much. But started to MTB and it has been amazing. It became a plus since I travel a lot that I am able to see and ride in so many places. When I am riding I feel like nothing else matters its just me the bike and the mountain.

Thats a very poetic and positive post.

I also get a significant amount of joy from being out in the countryside on my bike. how much the bike cost and how fast you can go are really very secondary considerations to the fundamental joy of cycling off road. A point a lot on here seem to miss
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Randomly generalise much?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Hi! I am new to mountain bikes and I'm curious about my frame.. It is a GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc (2007).. Is it a good frame or a bad one?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It will hold the components you need together.

Pretty much entry level GT at the time I think. Neither particularly good or bad.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's a competent but not brilliant frame, but the components bolted to it are much more important to how it rides than the frame itself.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.