pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited December 2015 in The cake stop
Vote Armitstead.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I think Murray should win it, pretty much single handidly (sp?) won the davis cup. Or more correctly Judy Murray for giving birth to Andy and Jamie.

Tyson Fury definitely shouldn't, some of the stuff he says is funny, some is weird but some is very very offensive and bigoted.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,372
    Can't believe Ashes winning, record breaking, world number 1 Joe Root isn't in the final shake up.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • pinno
    it's all happening here:

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=13040695
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    This comes up every year and the general consensus is that this should really be re-titled Sports Celebrity of The Year. This year, Lizzie has no chance of winning (IMO) as Andy Murray will win hands down, even though he is a miserable Bstard :)
  • pinno
    This comes up every year and the general consensus is that this should really be re-titled Sports Celebrity of The Year. This year, Lizzie has no chance of winning (IMO) as Andy Murray will win hands down, even though he is a miserable Bstard :)

There was a post match interview with Murray and perhaps the timing may have been poor but his comments following a question regarding promotion of the sport in Scotland wouldn't have stirred the passions of an undertaker.
  • A dull, irrelevant award that no-one really understands should go to the winner in a dull, irrelevant sport that no-one really understands...Lewis Hamilton.
  • chris_bass
    A dull, irrelevant award that no-one really understands should go to the winner in a dull, irrelevant sport that no-one really understands...Lewis Hamilton.

:lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Its going to go to happy Murray as individual and the outdoor ping pong team for team.

Plus ca change ................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Its going to go to happy Murray as individual and the outdoor ping pong team for team.

Plus ca change ................

I think Murray will win SPOTY cos he is fresher in the publics memory and England Cricket team for Ashes victory.

For future awards. Please can the nominations actually have a personality as a prerequisite ?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Tyson Fury out of the running BECAUSE of his 'personality'.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Tyson Fury out of the running BECAUSE of his 'personality'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35055146
    Oh dear, the man is going downhill quicker than Franz Klammer,.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I think Murray should win it, pretty much single handidly (sp?) won the davis cup. Or more correctly Judy Murray for giving birth to Andy and Jamie.

Tyson Fury definitely shouldn't, some of the stuff he says is funny, some is weird but some is very very offensive and bigoted.

I agree that he is offensive, but what are people voting for, achievement or personality? If it's achievement then he is in with a shout. If it is personality, then neither he, Murray nor Hamilton should waste any time writing a thank you speech for different reasons.
  • chris_bass

I agree that he is offensive, but what are people voting for, achievement or personality? If it's achievement then he is in with a shout. If it is personality, then neither he, Murray nor Hamilton should waste any time writing a thank you speech for different reasons.

Apparently according to wiki
    Awarded to the sportsperson "whose actions have most captured the public's imagination"
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Be interesting to see how Fury does, boxing has quite a big following, though I doubt boxing fans are united in their admiration of Fury to the extent they might have been for some other British champions.

Most of us will be put off by the man's views but there will likely be some who take his side in this controversy and whilst the anti-Fury vote will be split the pro-Fury vote will not be. I don't think he'll win but I could see him maybe making the top 3 (do they announce a top 3 or am I thinking of Crufts !) - I hope he doesn't.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Since cycling won in 2008 with Hoy, it's taken 4 of 7. So, cycling obviously has some support, I don't think Froome stands out enough though and women's cycling doesn't hit the press enough.

I'd have thought Murray has hit the pages enough, and love for Ennis is always going to be high enough to see her do well.

If it was up to me, I'd 1,2,3 it as Armitstead, Peaty, Murray.

I'm also not fussed if Fury wins or loses to any extent, same as any of them I'm not interested in their opinions and I don't think problems with him amount to much more than he's ignorant, opinionated and yet completely daft. Listening to his Jesus rants in that van on the news shows he's obviously mental, anyone who talks like that is. He's not the most amazing boxer either, and he certainly won't be any form of boxing legend just because he's beaten one, just like most people on the street wouldn't recognise or remember Buster Douglas.