Bike Lights....light up the rider options?

bsharp77
bsharp77 Posts: 533
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
We've had many posts and suggestions on lights for these dark mornings / evenings and although I'm happy enough with the lights I have, watching riders in recent weeks makes me think a small light that actually lights up the rider would be a good idea - it just gives a better representation of the rider on the road - last week I passed a rider on my home commute, and all I seen was this small flashing light floating along a dark road until they were nearly past me, at which point I seen them...fair enough I seen the light, but it would be better to have some idea of what is coming towards you on the road!

Ive just got a rapha softshell jacket in black (only colour available) which makes me more anxious - although I know its the car lights that are supposed to light you, I would just like that extra bit of something to make myself shown, without being too over the top.

Im fairly sure I did see a light somewhere that included a small light on the rear of the unit as well to provide some ambient light on the rider, but can't seem to find it.
Just wondering if anyone has seen anything integrated that might be worth a try? (otherwise I may try a small low powered light facing the wrong way on the handlebars as an experiment).

Comments