Sidi woes

term1te
term1te Posts: 1,462
edited November 2015 in Workshop
I’ve got a pair of Sidi Genius shoes, and have been very pleased with them. They’re the second pair I’ve had, and are about two years old. However, in the last couple of months I’ve had a problem with one shoe. When you first get them you can adjust the position of the main buckle by pushing the “permanently” fixed end through a clasp. The other end forms part of the closure with the ratchet. Recently the fixed end of the buckle has started slipping in the clasp mid ride. I can tighten it up again with the ratchet, but only so far and I end up having to stop, take the shoe off and push the buckle back through the clasp.

Has anyone else had this problem? I’ve thought of putting a bit of Araldite on the serrated section that pushes into the clasp, but I thought I'd check if anyone have a better idea first?

Thanks

Comments

• DCDB
    DCDB Posts: 27
    I am having exactly the same issue at the moment and I was thinking along a similar lines regarding finding some means of securing the bit that slips. I have put my issue down to the fact that mine are probably a half size too big (or maybe a full size) so they are overly stretched when I get them tight enough to feel that they are gripping my feet properly. They didn't feel too big when I bought them but witness marks on the side where I am pulling them tight shows otherwise.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Just rolling out of bed here and my reading comprehension is a little off so I'm not sure I'm completely understanding your question but it sounds as though your serrated strap may just be worn. Have you inspected it carefully to see if the serrations are sharp and is the slot/clasp not cracked or damaged? If the strap is worn you can just get spares from SIDI or better to look on EBAY or amazon for much better prices. Possibly some adhesive may work but just make sure you don't gum up the clasp in case you just need a new strap. As a last resort you could put a rivet through the strap to act as a stop to prevent it from sliding through the clasp.